If you have any furniture that needs to be anchored to the wall, do it today!
This afternoon I heard a huge crash, and upon entering Addie's room I found Sam pinned under her dresser which had fallen on top of him. He is constantly pulling her drawers out a little and using them to pull himself up, and I think he must've pulled out too many drawers too far, causing the dresser to fall over. He seems to be ok. His mouth was bleeding a lot. It looked like one of his bottom teeth went into his upper lip, so his lip is really fat. He has two huge goose eggs on his forehead and a long skinny bruise where the dresser pressed against his head. Other than that, he seems to be doing great. I, on the other hand, have felt terrible all afternoon. In some reading I did this afternoon, I found that on average 100 children are killed annually from tv or furniture tip-over accidents, and thousands are injured.
I think we're going dresser shopping tonight for something long, low, and easily anchored to the wall.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Holy shiz! I don't have ANYTHING anchored to the wall. Not a single bookcase, dresser or TV. I am a horrible person/parent!
yikes, christina!!! that's so scary. i don't have anything anchored either. scary.
That is freaky, I am glad he is okay.
Oh my WORD! I'm going to go check my dressers now. I'm glad he's okay!
Oh, poor little Sam! And poor mommy, too! So glad he's okay-- and thanks for the reminder. It's one of those things I always think I'll get around to, but never do.
oh wow. We DID have everything anchored in the old house. Not here though being as it is temporary. HOW SCARY. and how lucky you guys are that he seems to be fine. Give Sam a big squeeze poor thing.
Oh. My. Word. How scary is that? I'm so thankful he is OK -- what a good reminder!
Yowsa. SO SCARY! Luckily we anchored everything when Hurricane Lulu started climbing. I am glad that Sam is okay!
Hi there, I found you through Natalie's blog. I saw this post and wanted to share a story...
There was a little boy just a few months ago that was from our little town and his family moved away..anyhow..he was a triplet and almost three yrs old, he was with the nanny and was supposed to be napping, when she checked on the kids he had taken the drawers out of the dresser and started climbing on it and it tipped over hitting him in the temple and killing him almost instantly. It is so very scary. We bought anchors after that.
Post a Comment