Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Again!

Thanks again, Tib, for letting me play along! And keep in mind, these are NOT in order of importance. :)

-Today I'm thankful for tubes. Sam's tubes were successfully placed, and one ear is still infected, but hopefully he'll feel some relief soon with his new tubes. I'm glad it's such an easy process. He's already back to pretty normal, which is great!
-I'm thankful for family support. Pat's parents came and sat with Addie this morning while I was at the hospital. My mom came with me because Pat had to work. It was nice to have all the help I needed readily available!
-I'm thankful for General Conference this weekend. I really need it. There are just times when you need the boost, and I am so excited to hear our new prophet. I need to prepare so I can get the most out of it (which is sometimes hard when trying to keep kids occupied the whole time).
-I'm thankful for old friends and any excuse for a party! This Saturday during Priesthood Session I'm throwing a shower for my old roommate Alison who is getting married next month. I'm so happy for her, and so excited to have a fun party. Now I just need to finalize the menu-aack! Let me know if you have any suggestions for good spring fare. :)
-I'm thankful for Heavenly Father's plan for each of us. When Pat lost his job although it was devastating at the time, we really have come out of it better off financially than we were going into it- a huge shock to us! Our budget is a little tighter now with his new job, but we've gained new perspective about spending and saving which is a good thing. And we can afford to put in a fence and do some landscaping which is extra exciting.
-I'm thankful for two beautiful kids. Really thankful. I can't imagine life without them.
-I'm thankful that the writer's strike is over and in one week from today I get to watch a brand new episode of The Office. Oooh, I can't even express my excitement levels about this one.

7 comments:

Jan said...

I really enjoyed your list -- I can't wait for Conference either. Especially 'cause I will be watching in my jammies, with my popcorn in my lap! I'm very thankful for that!! hahaha!

Sharla said...

Lovely list, Christina.

The Office! I can hardly stand the wait!

tiburon said...

Super great list! I have never seen the Office. I really need to get the DVD's!

Alison said...

I love that you love The Office! I didn't know that you were so into it, but after I read that I thought, YES, I can see C liking that :) I'm in denial that I don't get to see a new episode of LOST for who knows how long!

I am definitely grateful for old friends too - and grateful for the effort they put into making me feel loved :) I'm super excited for Saturday too!

carey said...

Oooooh, I'm thankful that the Office is coming back too, Christina. :) Also am excited about general conf. Way to go, Sam! Glad the tubes went in well.

Unknown said...

such a good list! and amen to the end of the writer's strike. oh, and general conference. my comment isn't in order of importance, either! :)

Heather said...

I love this.
and I love spring bridal showers. I threw one for Jana years ago. I think one of my favorite things for showers is a variety of salads and homwade rolls to go with. (along with something chocolate of course). I usually try to have a pasta salad, a melon or fruit salad, and that slaw recipe from blue moose... (everyone on earth asks me for this recipe... SOO good!) and the smell of fresh rolls lingering in the air. It is perfect. I am sure you have something by now, but if you want slaw... (feta, poppyseed dressing, taosted almonds...ect.) just let me know:)