Sunday, April 27, 2008
Ch-Ch-Changes
Well, I've felt it coming for a while now. I told Pat last week I was ready for it. I've had a few recent conversations about other areas of interest. And today, it finally happened. After the standard cryptic executive secretary message on the answering machine to come meet with the bishop this morning, I was left all night wondering what my new calling could be. I usually have an idea about what may be coming, but I was drawing a total blank. Pat was instructed to come along, and he was convinced I was getting called as the ward choir director, but I was pretty sure he wouldn't need to come if that was my calling. I decided I was being called as the ward float chairperson since all wards in our town have one to get ready for the town parade every summer. To my surprise, I was called as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency. I've had a few talks recently with different people about the new enrichment structure and how hard it has seemed for wards to catch the vision. Our ward has kind of struggled to set up successful enrichment activities. Little did I know that I would be implementing this vision in my near future! I'm excited to get this party started, so feel free to give me your best ideas! We have a successful book group going (that I helped to start last summer) and a fledgling playgroup going (that I helped to start a few months ago), and there is also a group of sisters who attend the temple together once a month. That's currently all we've got. I guess since I've already been kind of involved, this was a good fit for me. I'll post a list soon of ideas, but I'd love to hear what classes and activities you've enjoyed and had interest in attending. Hope your Sunday was a day of rest and a great start to your week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
You will be so great!! Yay!
Wow - that is a humbling calling! I can see how you would be perfect for it though - what a great blessing! Keep us posted on how it goes!
Wow, congrats! You will be fabulous! :)
That rocks! You are going to be fabulous! Is it just me or is it crazy to think people in our age range are being called into RS presidency?
I love it that you're excited about your new calling - that one would be so hard for me. You will be awesome!
you will be just what the women in your ward need.
lucky women in your ward.
That is a fantastic calling! I loved being in the RS Presidency - so much to do - but so rewarding.
I wish I had some great ideas for activities. I do for the big events - service auction, temple interior decorator, talking dirty with the queen of clean...but for the monthly classes, not so much.
C - YAY! They couldn't have chosen anyone better for that calling - although I'm sure they are going to miss you dearly as a teacher. I was the enrichment counselor when Angie was the enrichment leader, but that was in a student ward, so I think your activities will be a bit different. You will do GREAT!
So, what was this need for change you were talking about? Were you just thinking of picking up a new hobby?
well, good luck with that?! i've got no ideas. i'm horrible & rusty in that department. you'll do great though
you will be so great in that calling! I am not a big enrichment go-er, mostly because ALL of the groups in our ward (scrapbooking, quilting, food groups, etc), except for book club, meet during the day while I am at work. I wish they would do more things in the evenings. And, our enrichment counselor and the committee only think they are in charge of the 4 ward-produced enrichments each year. And if people want other things, they are on their own to do it/start it. I love that you take initiative and want a lot of other things!
that's awesome, christina! you'll be so great. our ward has really struggled implementing the new program, too. i can't wait to see your ideas!
Absolutely inspired. What a lucky ward you have!
Jewelry making has been popular in our ward. We've also been kicking around the idea of a Spanish class. We're toying with a sort of "Activity Days for Grown-up Girls" where each time we learn something new and different--i.e. tire changing one month, art appreciation the next, a hike the next, etc.
Post a Comment