Addie was convinced we were going to make/take a shower for the shower this weekend, but I'm happy to report that wasn't on our to-do list. It was so fun to see old friends and chat and eat. I figured I'd share what was on the menu since I had such a dilemma figuring out what to serve.
Cheesy Potato Soup
1 1/2 cups boiling water
3 c diced potatoes
1/2 c. celery, diced
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 T. flour
2 c. milk
1/2 lb velveeta
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 dash pepper
1 chicken bullion cube
Add potatoes, celery, onion, parsley, seasonings, and bullion to boiling water. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender (may have to add water during this time). Mix flour with milk, pour through strainer into soup. Add rest of milk, cube velveeta and add. Heat until cheese melts. Serve (really good in bread bowls).
Spinach Salad with Apples, Avocado, and Bacon
Homemade Rolls
-Put 1 cup milk and one stick butter in saucepan and scald milk over medium heat (as soon as butter melts, it's done- just make sure milk doesn't boil!). Cool milk/butter mixture (I stick it in the fridge or freezer).
-Put 1/3 cup lukewarm water with 1 T. yeast and 1 tsp sugar in shallow dish to activate yeast.
-Put 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 c. sugar, 3 eggs, and 2 cups flour in mixer and combine. Add cooled milk and stir. Add yeast mix and stir until smooth. Mix will be wet. Add dough hook (I'm assuming you're using a mixer- a Bosch or Kitchenaid) and mix in 3 c. flour with the last cup heaping (so more like 3 1/2 cups flour). Knead 10 minutes. (I set my Bosch on low and just let it go for 10 minutes).
-Cut dough in half. Roll half into circle 18" in diameter, 1/4" thick, and brush circle with melted butter. Make 8 cuts so you have 16 triangles. Roll from large end to small end, tucking the point under. Repeat with the other half of the dough. Place on slightly greased pan and let rise. (If refrigerate dough before rising, divide dough in half and put into 2 greased bowls, put in fridge, and punch down when you remove it from the fridge before you roll it out and form rolls).
-Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush again with melted butter upon removal from oven.
Hannah's recommendation of Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake
Yummy night for sure!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh my goodness that sounds YUMMMMMMY! Any cheesecake left?
Oh my, HEAVEN! All of that looks so delicious!
The rolls sound yummy -- that recipe is a keeper!
delish. that salad sounds like a melissa creation.
That sounds so yummy!!
Yum! Thanks for sharing these recipes!
That sounds so good! I've never paired apples and avocadoes- how genius! :)
Mmmmmm-- this all sounds delish! I might have to try Cheesy Potato Soup...
ooh um! wish i'd been there to partake...
wowza!
that sounds delish!
Post a Comment