Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thanks again to Tib for sharing her banner and letting others play along!

1. I'm thankful for my kids individually, as well as together. Addie spent the night with her cousins last night since it's spring break, and it's given me an unplanned break from her. I miss her, and I've enjoyed having some alone time with Sam today. The two of them have been so much fun lately. Addie makes Sam roar with laughter, and there is not a sweeter sound then the two of them enjoying each other. I can tell Sam has been a little lost without her today.
2. Good insurance. Today we received a 3 month supply of our prescriptions for less than what a one month supply of ONE of Pat's drugs cost with our old insurance. It's unbelievable! And we paid hardly anything for Sam's tubes. Even though we're actually paying some for our insurance, I don't think we've ever had an insurance plan this rich, and for some of the things our family deals with, it's a huge blessing.
3. Good friends. Over the past few months I've really realized how out of balance my life was in the friends aspect. I felt kind of lonely sometimes because it was pretty much me and the kids all day every day. I've extended myself some, and it's made such a difference to be doing things with friends more often. I've reconnected with some old friends and it's been so fun to realize how much more we have in common now than we did when we were friends ages ago! And an added blessing is keeping my house cleaner so I can have them all over throughout my weeks!
4. Visiting teaching. I had a great visit yesterday with one of my sisters who is moving soon, and I'm going to miss her dearly. I shared at our recent visiting teaching conference that I feel so lucky to be friends with all of those I visit, and I didn't just pull some strings as the coordinator, but I've become friends with them through consistently visiting and fulfilling this calling. A visiting teaching route is always the first thing I ask for when I'm new to a ward because I need the instant friends I will make in a companion and the sisters I visit. It's such a wonderful program.
5. Plants- they add so much beauty to our world, and I'm learning more about them all the time as we work on getting our yard planned. I love the attention to detail in our world- Heavenly Father didn't cut corners, and it's one more way His love is made manifest.

Ok, that about wraps it up for now. I need to make the most of this time I have with Addie still gone and Sam napping!

3 comments:

Jan said...

It's so nice to stop and reflect on how much we really have - I loved your list! Thanks for sharing it.

tiburon said...

Such a fantastic list. I couldn't agree with you more on the insurance! I need to catch your enthusiasm for visiting teaching.

kristin said...

I love the thankful Thursdays - always such an uplifting post. :) Have a great day!