I thought I'd share one of my favorite easy recipes today. I got this recipe from my old roommate Alison. I always loved when she'd make them when it was her turn to cook dinner, and I've made it countless times since we lived together. It's always good comfort food for me, and while I'm looking out my window at snow/rain, I think some comfort food is exactly what I need!
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
1 loaf bread
ham
turkey
swiss cheese
Lightly beat 2 eggs. Add 1 cup pancake mix and 1 cup milk, mix until smooth. This is enough batter to do a whole loaf of sandwiches, so if you make less, just cut the batter recipe in half. Make sandwiches- I usually do double decker so I layer bread, cheese, ham turkey, bread, ham, turkey, cheese, bread- I find it's easier to cook when they're bigger, and I like my cheese to be on the outside to get nice and melted. Dip sandwiches into the batter, making sure to coat all sides. Place battered sandwiches on griddle to cook, making sure you cook all sides. I prop them against each other when doing the "skinny" sides to help them stand up.
This may be over the top for you, but it is so good with raspberry jam and powdered sugar on top. Definitely not the healthiest meal, but so delicious!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We had these when we went to Disneyland -- yummy but SO rich. We couldn't even come close to finishing and we are champion eaters.
I love Monte Cristos! Yummy!!
i think that looks like something my family would really enjoy, thanks so much
YUM!!
um. yum!
Post a Comment