Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ready

Conference this weekend was great. I'm sure many of the highlights for me were also highlights for you. I started crying in the first session during the opening hymn and then the prayer when the seventy who was praying asked a blessing on the mothers. I think I set a new personal best for how fast the tears flowed. For me right now, better than loving and appreciating the new prophet, better than all the inspiring words, better than the beautiful music, is the feeling I'm walking away with. It dawned on me this morning while listening that my innermost desires are to progress spiritually. This is really what is most important. No holding back, no making excuses, it's time for me to devote a much greater amount of energy to things that really matter. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who desires to come to me, but He can only as much as I come to Him. I'm the one holding back in that equation. I can't wait for the talks to post so I can read them online until I get the hard copy in the mail. I'm sad to see one of the best two weekends of the year already coming to an end. I hope it was a great one for you, too!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree, it was such an excellent conference! i can't wait to go back, review, and learn more.

Hannah said...

It was a wonderful conference. I can't wait to read it again. I am sure I missed great things while trying to entertain Emma. :)

Hayley said...

i'm also excited to go back and re-read some of the talks. cause i don't have kids, but i'm sure i need to hear some of that stuff at least one more time! ;)

tara said...

I'm gonna highlight the crap out of that issue. It was GREAT.
How are the tubes? I think they are the best invention EVER. ever! hope they work for little Sam:)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It was a good conference, but I love that it comes printed too, so I can review!

Pedaling said...

it was a wonderful day!

Suzie said...

same feelings I had as well. can't remember a conference where I felt more excited about life & the road ahead. It was so good-start to finish!
great thoughts from you!

Jan said...

I echo your feelings about wanting to be and to do better. You have such a good way of expressing your feelings -- I really enjoyed them.

tiburon said...

I loved it. It was so great. And of course with 4 kids I am going to have to re read everything in th Ensign. Great post :)

kristin said...

that prayer was such a highlight for me too! Every reference to mothers and parenting through out the whole conference really touched me and also gave me hope for raising my children!