Thanks to Tib for the banner. I almost didn't play along this week, but I think when I don't feel like digging for things to be thankful for, it's probably a sign I need to! 1. Book club. More specifically, this book. It's been great escape reading the past couple of days. I'm loving having a reason to read and enjoy a good book, and I can't wait to see what happens- I've got about 100 pages left.
2. The internet (or the oracle as Pat calls it). It's so nice to need to know something and have a resource to consult and many times get an instant answer. Lately I'm constantly looking up recipes, and since my desk is right next to my kitchen, I'm back and forth double checking what comes next while making dinner. The past few weeks I've had a rash, and via internet I think I've narrowed down the new culprit. So now I can make a dermatologist appointment to confirm what I already know instead of wondering why my arms have itched to beat the band after spending time outside.
3. Days off. I'm so glad tomorrow is Pat's Friday at home. And our fence is (almost- just one gate left) done, which hopefully means lots of working in the yard if the weather will cooperate. And Pat has started to build up more time off, so hopefully he'll take a couple of days soon so we can get some projects done and enjoy time doing fun things!
4. The scriptures. Today I wanted to get cozy during the snow and read, so Addie cuddled up next to me with her Book of Mormon and read along with me. Her scripture stories just happened to include things like Pocahontas and pink suckers and going to Dizzily-Land (Addie speak for DisneyLand which we've never been to but she professes her love and desire for daily), but there was some Joseph Smith and Nephi mixed in there. I know I'm not doing a perfect job, but I know that she does love the scriptures and knows they're important, and it makes my heart happy.
5. Motrin. I think Sam's got 4 teeth coming at once. All he wants is to be held all.day.long. At least I can give him a little Motrin to take the edge off so I can put him down (sometimes) without screaming (rarely) to do important things (like use the bathroom).
6. Blogs. I'll do a post soon with some of the latest I've been spying. I find so much inspiration for my home, my cooking, my kids, my life, through blogs.
Obviously, not in order of importance this week. Oh, also grateful for a new Office tonight. I thought I was going to die laughing when Meredith got hit with the football. On that note, have a lovely Friday!

7 comments:
I can't wait to hear what blogs you are reading! (Not that I NEED to read any more...)
How cute your little Addie is and yay for the fence!
I really enjoyed These IS My Words. I have the sequel here on my book stack to get to someday.
and what is your rash?
Such a great list. Love taking the time to really notice the good things we have.
these is my words is my absolute favorite!!!
Wasn't that Office so funny? Of course it's Meredith that gets hit with the football- I laughed so hard!
hey Christina, it's rebecca (hansen) murray, I just discovered Alison Bramhall's blog and was excited to see a comment from you! You have cute kids!! Where are you living? We just moved to Santaquin and bought a house when Eric graduated with his masters in December. And I'm due in two weeks to have my second little girl :) So life is good! Check out my blog, and i'll keep in touch!
Love your list! I haven't read that book - but if you are recommending then I will hav to give it a go :)
Thanks for playin!
Post a Comment