at this game of tag, because Melisa tagged me again. I thought it was no tag-backs ;) Just kidding, I'll comply. It's kind of fun to think about, but also crazy to know that my plan and Heavenly Father's may (in fact probably) look very different. So here you have it....
In 10 yrs I would like to...
be settled into the house we'd like to grow old in. I would like to have Pat very happy in his career, and have his health holding up. Addie will be almost 13 and nothing but sass, I'm sure, but I would like her to still be talking to me, and willingly babysitting her siblings weekly so Pat and I can go have hot dates :) Sam will be almost 11, and I would like him to be learning to curb the armpit noises and other obnoxious boy habits. Hopefully there will be some other kiddos running around and keeping life interesting. I would like to be involved in my callings and have a good group of mom friends, but most importantly being at the crossroads for my kids. If they're all in school, I'd like to work in the temple one day a week.
In 5 yrs from now.......
I will possibly be done having kids (maybe 2 more)! Pat and I actually just talked about this a few months ago when we had our 5 year anniversary, and we talked about what we hope for in the next 5 years. I hope that our basement is finished. I want to have gotten more serious about our retirement savings so we have a good nest egg working for us. I want our kids to be healthy and happy, and I want to be a good, kind, loving mother who has found a healthy balance. I want to have healed some of my extended family relationships and gotten over some of the baggage that weighs me down.
In 1 yr from now...
I'd like to have our yard more fully landscaped. A fence, some trees and shrubs in the backyard, some flowers, the garden boxes we've been meaning to build, I'd love it all to be complete! I would like to have lost the last few lbs. I'm hanging on to and have built a good, functional wardrobe in a desirable size. I'd like to have a different calling from what I'm in right now- 2 years as the Visiting Teaching coordinator is starting to get old, so I can't imagine going for 3! I'd like to have found a good preschool situation for Addie and be happily helping her make that transition. I'd like to NOT be pregnant! I hope to have worked harder on my family history and completed a lot of the temple work for the names I've already found.
Tomorrow.....
I need to renew my library books. I still have a little bit to go in the highly recommended Book Thief. Hopefully Pat will be contracting, but if he's not, then maybe we can plan some good family fun. We need to go to the bank. I need to do some cleaning around the house, meal plan, and grocery shop. I suppose that will do for one day :)
5 things I would like to do in the future.
Get my masters degree
Work in the temple
Run a 10K (I've done a 5, now it's baby steps to the 10)
Visit every state in the US
Learn to sew
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Loved reading your goals. You're awesome - you are totally focused and on the right track! Yay for you!
Nice! It's not a punishment Christina! It's because I think you're soooo good lookin'! Okay, and I love your blog. ;)
this is so super fun! i need to do some thinking about this one...looks like a fun journal entry.
Post a Comment