Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Today I heard...

the sweetest word. Sam said mama. He's been doing dada for a few weeks, but today was my turn. Nothing beats it.

In other news, can I just say I'm enjoying the fall weather? My FIL grows pumpkins every year for the grandkids, so we went and picked up our share over the weekend, but it was so rainy/snowy/gross, that they're still in the garage waiting to be arranged on the porch. Hopefully that will be on tomorrow's agenda.

I've been starting on the Christmas lists. My grandma and aunt, the earliest shoppers in my fam, have already been asking for ideas, so I've been forced to start contemplating the holidays, which is probably a good thing. We have quite a few birthdays between now and then, as well as right after, so I really need to start planning now. My dad's birthday is November 1, my nephew is November 19th, my BIL is December 9th, Addie is December 20th, and my mom is December 29th, just to name a few. So, any great gift ideas floating around out there? What are the must haves for your favorite people this year? Help me brainstorm! I'm pretty good on deciding what to get the kids- it's the adults in my life that make for hard shopping. I also like to start thinking about neighbor/friend gifts now so if it takes a lot of advanced planning, I can begin at a reasonable time and have a prayer of getting things done in time. So, spill your guts on gift ideas!

I can't believe I'm already Christmas posting and we still have Halloween and Thanksgiving to make it through. That's probably one of my most sad things about fall- it's hard to enjoy it because I'm doing so much planning ahead for the upcoming holidays. I have so many expectations for myself surrounding Christmas, and it really starts to get out of hand. And that, my friends, will deserve it's own post someday...

6 comments:

Lupe said...

I bet Sam made your day! 'Mama'...love it!

Wow! Xmas already? Ummm...Let me get back to you on gift ideas.

It's settled. You'll be my assertiveness training coach. I'm so impressed that you finaggled the car deal. (Bowing with respect). I can't help but think..poor car dealer man..he's been hanging outside in the heat trying to make a commish to feed his family. Rob doesn't fall for it though. I guess that's why he negotiates :)

Mrs. Walker said...

How sweet! That's so awesome about Sam!

As for Christmas gift ideas, here are the ones I'm doing.

Grandmas: Momaz makes those adorable picture necklaces for about $25 I'm totally getting into.

Friends & family: Homemade Jam. I know, I gotta get on this while there's still good fruit, but I love homemade jam! I'm such a sucker. Last year we did home-made hot chocolate mixes with really high quality hot chocolate.

As for just really super cool stuff? I hear the iphone is pretty sweet.... :D

Hannah said...

I am making homemade caramels for my neighbors. I bought these really adorable boxes for them to go in from the scrapbook store.

I am making my mom and mother in law a wall quilt.

I was thinking about getting one of those digital picture frames for my in-laws. (I was going to collect digital pictures of all the family to put on in. Still might...)

Hannah said...

oh...and that is so sweet!! I can't wait to hear mama from my little guy!!

Unknown said...

mama! that rocks!!!

i've got to start thinking about christmas gifts, too, but i'm in the same boat, we've got birthdays to get through first...maya's 10/6, my dad 10/9, SIL 10/15, mine 11/8 (the big 3-0!), hubby's 11/26, brother's also 11/26...it's a lot! i've got to get shopping!

tara said...

man oh man do I hate thinking of ideas for gifts. I am just so darned BORING when it comes to gifts. My favorite gift to give and to get is still the standard gift certificate. I know some people HATE them, but I love them. I love having potential new things out there waiting for me when ever I happen to feel like shopping. Good luck christina...you've got some good ideas here (I love the digital picture frame thing...)