So, for the first time in weeks (is it 10 or 11 now?), I had something worthwhile to share in the good news minute. In a few short days, namely 5, on Friday, my youngest brother Ben comes home from his mission. He's been serving in the Iowa Des Moines mission for the past 2 years. We supported him for over a year of his mission and would've continued had my dad not decided he wanted to step up to the plate. (Expect a few ranting posts regarding my sanity during this trip at having to deal with my parents and their spouses all being in the same location as myself.) At any rate, I am so excited to see him. He's coming to Utah next weekend, and I kind of wish we weren't traveling to Idaho this weekend to see him, but as the good sister, we're planning on it. More trip details will be forthcoming. I haven't left the state since June, I have to milk this event for a few posts :)
Switching gears, let's talk about weekly goals. I did pretty well with the prayers, not 100%, but almost. We made it to the temple (after a failed attempt and a long wait) and had a great visit together in the celestial room. I worked on thinking before reacting. Exercising outside sure didn't happen, so I'll rework this goal. I'll post this weeks and you can judge the rest.
Preparedness: Finish gathering all the family documents. This is still on my list. I don't think I need to say more.
Family History/Temple Work: Work on my PAF for one hour this week- going to be tough since we won't be in town for half the week, but I can do it.
Family (Parenting and/or Marriage): Help Addie jump the potty training hurdle we seem to be stuck behind. This will take her cooperation, and may or may not be accomplished, but I'm going to pay a lot more attention this week!
Personal Spiritual: Be 100% consistent with morning prayers (continued, it takes 21 days to be a habit, right?). Also, take more time to listen/ponder after praying.
Self-Improvement(Exercising, learning new domestic skills, etc.): Do indoor stretching/toning exercises at least 3 days this week- with no weather to deal with, I'll have no excuses next week!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I really need to do weekly goals with you!!
Good luck in Idaho!! I hope your kids do well on the trip!
You're awesome -- just keep doing what you're doing and it will all fall into place for you. Have a great trip!
Christina,
I just admire you so much! I have been so touched as I read your last few posts. Thanks for your example of faith and testimony and love!
Have a great trip! I hope it brings you lots of relaxation :) or at least some good stories to share...
Your goals are making me want to set a goal to set some goals!
Have a great time seeing your brother-- and I look forward to your stories!
You're such an inspiration Christina!!
have a great trip...and come back with lots of stories:)
I'm glad you two had a nice experience at the temple this week. Thanks for sharing your goals again. ambitious. righteous and ambitious.
I just dig you christina:)
Post a Comment