Addie has made a few new friends recently, and they definitely call for a blog post. I've been waiting for this day since she was born. I'd been hoping it would happen, and on Friday, it did. She has imaginary friends, now. Lemonade, or Enernade as she says, came to play on Friday. She looks like Addie except she's really tall and has piggy tails with bows and pink hair. We went shopping for a new tree for our front yard, and when we left the nursery, Addie shouts "oh no, Enernade is still at the tree place!" There was no way I was going back for an imaginary friend, so luckily I convinced her that Lemonade had snuck in before Addie. Suddenly I heard "oh there you are, Enernade. You're so silly." Addie cracks me up. Today we had another friend named Cleaner. Who knows where she came up with that one, maybe she's hoping our house will be cleaner if her friend Cleaner is around? Cleaner is a boy who likes to eat spaghetti. She spent a lot of time today helping Cleaner sleep, tucking him in, spreading blankets out for him. His little imaginary self must've been pretty cozy in the awesome bed she made.
I too had an active imagination as a child (I know, big surprise, eh?). Instead of "friends" per se, I had a pink mom and a white mom. My mom (the real one) started to keep track of what my pink mom and whit emom were like in hopes that she could crack the code. My pink mom read me stories, baked cookies, and did nice mom things. My white mom gave me time-outs and said no and did not-nice mom things. If this isn't a sign that I need serious counseling, I don't know what is. Luckily, I've ditched the pink mom white mom thing. But I am hoping Lemonade,
Cleaner, and whoever else may be floating around in Addie's mind stick around for a while. I love this peek into her mind through her imaginaries. It's great entertainment, and a whole new way to get to know her. So, did you have an imaginary friend phase? Do your kids? Tell me all about it...
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love it! Your Addie sounds like such a funny girl!
Emma too has imaginary friends. We somehow leave "Baby" everywhere and Emma freaks out every time we do. She started the imaginary baby thing when I was pregnant. It is funny. I love two year olds!
I didn't have one but my sister did -- a girl named Betsy who flew in on a tiger and lived under our dining room table. She talked to Betsy all the time. Maya does too -- Puber John and Shyla Brown. Love the names. Kids are great.
Addie is sooo cute! I had an imaginary dog named Jack--which I think I just stole from Little House on the Prairie.
Lemonade is lucky to have Addie as a friend! So sweet!!
i'm just happy she didn't name HER imaginary friend "puber john" like maya did. mercy me! i love imaginative kiddos.
hee hee natalie:)
I didn't have have any imaginaries. I had too many REAL siblings running amuck to make room for the fakies:)
That Addie is a KICK and a half. Cleaner? that's a hoot!
ahhh - what good memories of my imaginary friend Chrystal. We were best of buds. I actually don't remember her, but my mom tells me stories about the year that Chrystal and I spent together. Too funny!
I love how creative Addie is with the names. Too cute!
My hubby had an imaginary friend too. I think his name was Chip or something. He was really good at sports and taught Tye to play football.
Post a Comment