That's what today has been. I always cringe a little when I see the big white flakes at the beginning of the season. I don't love snow or winter. I never have. I'm a person who is frequently cold, and any sort of weather that can make me colder is not a welcome sight. So, on to other matters.
Last night was our turn to go out, so we went to the temple and then to JCW's for a little cheeseburger love. What a nice visit it was, and so needed! I've been to the temple doing initiatory or sealing work recently, but it's been a while since I've done an endowment session. We tried to go on Thursday, but while we were in the chapel Pat wasn't feeling well, so we left and went back last night. He was feeling better, so that was good. (By the way, did you know the temple has pink and blue white out to use on the cards in case you have started a session but it isn't completed? Just an interesting thing I learned on Thursday.) We spent a long time in the chapel waiting because it was a busy night, and then we spent a long time in the celestial room doing some serious pondering/praying. We both felt like we need to continue to wait for this job. I was kind of hoping we'd get an answer to move on just so we could start trying to plan something, but since we didn't, our patience is continuing to grow. Today I felt such an inner quiet, though, like I was suddenly at peace with things instead of being filled with all of the turmoil about what we're supposed to be doing. I have grown so much, and I really am grateful for this experience. I will openly admit that I hope it comes to an end soon, but I know that the Lord knows the perfect time table for us, and I will continue to trust in that. One of the blessings that I reflected on last night is how great this has been to refocus our family. I told Pat it's almost like we needed him to not work so we could recognize more of what we should be doing and establish those patterns in hopes that we can keep them when he returns to work. Instead of trying to squeeze things in around work, they will come first and we'll find a work situation that works with the things that are important- you know, kind of like the object lesson with the big rocks and the pebbles. I'm really hoping to start establishing time to work with Addie on teaching her some things she needs to know- kind of in a very casual pre-school setting. I think with Pat at home it will be easier for me to start those patterns that we can then continue when he returns to work. We've made great strides in our daily prayers and scripture study, something we were somewhat hit and miss with before has become a lot more habitual. I've really recognized what a better mom/wife/person I am when I do those simple things- if I miss a day I feel it, and so do those around me, all day long. I've been able to recognize some of those blessings of obedience. So, we're busy enduring right now, and all is well.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great experience at the temple. I love that feeling of peace, like you're doing what the Lord has planned for you.
You're such a great example! I love coming to your blog because you always seem to be such a great inspiration!
All is well. I love that phrase. And I love hearing it from you -- I'm happy your temple experience was lovely, and that you and your hubby are together on this. All is definitely well then.
Somehow I just love the phrase "busy enduring"- it just struck me as so much more proactive than the regular old enduring.
Christina, you really are an inspiration-- and a great influence on people you've never even met in person (me!). Thanks!
I've been thinking and praying about Pat's waiting game with his job. I will continue to do so!! I agree with Sharla, you're a great influence. :)
christina you are a blessing to all of us. You teach me everytime I come to your blog. Thank you:)
Post a Comment