Thursday, October 4, 2007

8 Weeks Today...

since Pat lost his job. I haven't updated for a while, so thought I would. Pat only contracted one day this week, and it looks like his time contracting with that company is coming to a close. It has truly been a blessing because it's allowed us to rebuild some of our stores to make it a while longer, and I think it's helped to break up some of the monotony of the day to day. I loved the quote Natalie shared by Elder Maxwell- it really has been my focus throughout this process, so it was nice to read something that truly represented how I've felt more eloquently than I ever could!

The best news is, the sale of the company that we have been waiting for finalized today! Hooray! Supposedly, the hold up has been that they've been in a hiring freeze until the sale went through, which definitely makes sense. So hopefully soon, things there will calm down and they can make the offer! Hooray! Keep your fingers crossed that this will happen soon.

We've also become more aware all the time at what a good choice we've made to turn down the multiple offers from the company he's contracted with. It's almost like Heavenly Father keeps letting us know about things to give us reminders why we said no and confirm that we're doing the right thing. We are truly growing through this process, and I'm learning a lot more about faith, patience, and the love of our Heavenly Father. I feel so grateful and so blessed.

3 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Man, I hope things start looking up for you in the employment department! I love your positive outlook though. It's so awesome! You go Christina!

Jan said...

You're amazing. You really are. I'm not so sure I'd have such a good outlook and attitude about the situation -- and you are being grateful. You're awesome.

Unknown said...

that's so fantastic, christina! i seriously have goose bumps. i have to say, it's amazing to me how many people told me how much they loved that quote - and yet, we're all dealing with different situations. but the Lord speaks to all of us. goosebumps!