Monday, October 8, 2007

Pre-School: The Musical

This could be the title of my days were they made into a movie. Addie has taken to singing everything she does/is doing/thinks/feels/wants/you get the picture. She's hilarious. Daily I'm audience to songs like "I'm your sister (sung to Sam), I'm your friend (sung to me)" repeated 50 times, "I'll show you how to dance like a ballerina so pretty, spinning, tippy toes with my dancing skirt and my tippy toe shoes," a total stream of consciousness number, and "I want to go to school and be friends, friends are special, I love my friends," a real crowd pleaser. It's fun to really see what she's thinking as it comes out in song. She's always been a singer- she truly was one of those kids who was singing before she was talking. From around 16 months, she could sing a tune so I could recognize it and then sing her the song, even though she didn't have the words to tell me what song she wanted. My MIL was in the MoTab and just retired a couple of years ago. Addie refers to them as "Nonna's friends" when we see them on tv. While watching conference, she informed me that one day she wants to sing with Nonna's friends, and Pat and Sam and I can come watch her. Sounds like a plan, Addie. Little does she know, I've had secret MoTab dreams of my own. I was very involved in choir while in school. In high school I was in a competitive vocal jazz choir. We traveled all over the pacific northwest to compete, and we won almost every competition. It was a lot of fun, and something I miss sometimes. You just don't get that singing experience when you're a mom. I try to gather the kids around the piano and sing primary songs regularly, but it really isn't the same. Maybe someday my MoTab dreams will come true, although when I think about the amount of time my MIL gave, I don't know when my life would be conducive to that kind of sacrifice, and I'm really not sure I have enough of the crazy theory that I'd need. More likely, Addie's dreams will come true. For now, I'm having fun listening to my own little singer/song writer craft her latest smash hits by the hour.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Love the stream-of-consciousness singer you have at your house! Music is huge with our family -- I think that's where I get the greatest peace, pleasure, fun, and where I really feel the spirit most. You need to find somewhere/somehow that you can get your music fix too.

tara said...

that is adorable...and I hope you are catching some of that on the video camera!
I'd LOOVE to be a mo-tabber. Theory is my favorite:)But you are right about the time. Wowzers. It's quite the commitment. I just love them though. It's a family thing for sure.

Sharla said...

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for the MoTab mother/daughter sensation! Addie sounds like a delight!

Lupe said...

What a sweet singer girl! Love the fact that she fancy's Nonna's friends. CUTE! Okay, I consider a member of MoTab a celebrity..no really I do. :)