Sorry, I'm not Seth Meyers or Amy Poehler, but I'll try to suffice for this mid-week update. I've had hard days with Addie, nights that were too short leaving me tired in the morning, and I'm ready for the weekend.
Tuesday I did go on a cleaning rampage, and I was really motivated this time to maintain the state of cleanliness we'd achieved. Then Addie woke up the next day. I swear, if I didn't have a toddler who was also intent on organizing, just in a very different system than my own, my house would be immaculate! Instead, art supplies, toys, stuffed animals, diapers, and clothes are constantly trading places around my house, making it quite a sad site. I did have an epiphany while cleaning, though. I caught a glimpse of myself maintaining my perfectly neat house 30 years down the road when all the kids are gone, and I realized that it will be a sad day when my house stays clean because it's not full of kids. So, I'm trying more to revel in the mess, realizing the joy of children that it symbolizes. Take out all the toys, Addie! Unravel the tp! It's mess-making time! And then, after you're in bed, I'll clean it all up and we can do it again tomorrow. As long as you stay little enough to keep making the mess, I won't complain about cleaning it up. Oh, if only it were that easy to keep the kiddos small. It's so fun to watch them learn and grow, but I have to say, I already mourn the day when we will no longer have a baby in the house. Pat and I were talking when we were out for our anniversary last week about the joys of having kids and the reasons we want more. Who knows what the number will be, but I told him that when we're finished, I really hope it's clear as a bell that our family is complete, because I know it will be hard for me to realize that we're closing that chapter, even though we'll be moving to another good place. Sheesh, I don't usually get this sappy until night, and it's not even 9 am. If this is a sign of things to come today, I'd like to go back to bed :)
We had book club Tuesday which was fun, nothing much to report about. Our numbers are small so far with only 5 committed members, but it was only our 2nd month. Hopefully we'll get a few more good recruits from our struggling ward population.
In other kid news, Sam decided to take off yesterday. He rolled over a few months ago, but apparently didn't like it, so he'd stopped. Yesterday, he took off again. I couldn't put him on the floor and walk away before he'd rolled over again. I know, I should be excited at this milestone day, but really, it breeds a feeling of dread on several fronts.
1. He's growing up (see above section on my love for having a baby in the house).
2. He's that much closer to getting to chase-mode. I guess I need to dust off my running shoes, or maybe just buy a new pair- I always can find an excuse for new shoes!
3. He's stealing my precious computer time because after about 5 minutes on his tummy, he's done and screaming for some assistance.
I needed to make it to the grocery store yesterday, but we struggled to make it out of the house, which just happens some days. It's usually on the days that I end up getting completely ready, so that means I kind of look a little scrubby (showered, just not freshly washed and styled hair) on the days we do make it out of the house. So, I think we'll venture out today, although wouldn't you know it, it looks rainy and overcast. There's nothing more fun than hauling groceries and 2 kids around. It's not bad upon arriving home, it's getting everything into the car to come home that's the worst. Maybe I'll actually take the poor baggers up on their offer to help me to my car. It's probably the liberated woman in my that always says no thanks, and the fact that I don't want to embarrass the scrawny 15 year old boy when I' m showing him up hefting my groceries. But yes, today, a-grocery-ing we'll go. And I do love summer rain, so it's a good excuse to be out, I suppose.
I need to keep fighting the good fight of laundry that I've been working on all week. I think I'll make meatball sandwiches tonight for dinner. I think I salivated just typing that. Meatballs were a huge craving for me while pregnant with Sam. It must be Patrick's Italian heritage (MIL's parents both immigrated from Italy) that gave my little man child such strong desires for a good meatball. And then he was born with red hair. Don't you love genetics?
Ok, that about wraps it up around here. I'm Christina, and this has been your mid-week update.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
we do have similar blog tastes, dont we! :) That is funny!
-Queen Steph
Gotta have my feltc updates! LOVE it! Especially your thought on a "messy" homes. I call it a "Happy Mess". I miss tripping over my kids baby stuff (blocks, binkys, wipey boxes, boppy, tonka trucks). Now we've moved on to bigger toys. Yet I'm still sad at the thought they're growing and I won't be seeing any scattered toys.
I'm glad you're a liberated, strong woman who can show a 15 year old bagger how it's done! ;0) by the way, I used the baggers when my tykes were younger. It helps alot!!
Love the update. Can you bottle up some of your cleaning energy and send it my way? I'm psyched for the MC parTAY. Do you live in SL?
Post a Comment