So, please, seriously, somebody stop me. I go through spurts with shopping. I'm good for a while, and reign in my spending, and then it seems like the floodgates open and all of my pent up shopping energy is unleashed. There are definitely certain times of year when I get this way, and late summer is one of them. Another one is the beginning of spring, when spring apparel is hitting the stores, and I want it to be warm so much that I buy into the marketing ploy- buying this stuff will make it seem warmer, sooner! Of course mid-fall is another, when I'm really picking up tempo with Christmas shopping, and fall linens and serve-ware seems so necessary for upcoming holiday meals. I've never figured out how to include pics in my blog without it dragging from the site and taking a million years to load, so I'm going to enter unchartered territory and see if I can share with you some of my finds. If not, I'll just post the links (another never before tried feat), and you can go see for yourself.
First deal of the week is the amazing steals at e.l.f, or eyes lips face. Honestly, make-up for $1? Tweezers and brushes and lip gloss and blush and concealer for $1? I think this is a promo, and I'm not exactly sure when it ends, but I ordered around $35 in product! I'm usually a MAC girl, but honestly, who can pass up make-up for $1. Yes, it is sight unseen, which makes me a little leery, but if it's bad, at least I'm only out $1, right? Or $35...oh yeah :) I ordered a few lip gloss sets to give as gifts (5 glosses in a set for $5) because what glamor girl doesn't love a little gloss in her life. Anyway, next deals....
I've gone crazy Addie shopping, but she really was in desperate need of clothes. First, I found the cutest dress on the planet, and luckily it was on sale, putting it into the more reasonable price range. Check this out...the New Growth Dress in pale blue from Olive Juice Kids.
The blue is actually much different looking from the pic (not so turquoise-y), and I'll have to post a pic soon of Addie in the dress- it was adorable at church today! I love dressing a girl!
Friday night I got roped into a shopping trip, but they didn't have to twist my arm too
hard. My husband's aunt is in town, so my sister-in-law, niece, mother-in-law, aunt-in-law (is that even a term), and his 2 cousins were out for a night on the town. We went to Naartjie, and I came home with a bagful o' stuff. They're having their summer clearance, so all of the already marked down items were an extra 30% off! I had over 12 items in my bag and had only spent $60. Of course, I also bought a couple of full-priced items for fall, but they were begging me to give them a new home in Addie's closet. I think I may have to go back this week to exchange a couple sizes, but I really was thrilled with my purchases.
I also bought some adorable sheets at Target that I think will go great with the new quilt I'm planning to get Addie. It's been almost a year since she's been in her twin bed, and I've yet to commit to a bedding set...until now. My MIL made adorable curtains for her room- white with green embroidered polka-dots and a scalloped green edge. I'll have to take pics soon and post them, honestly, so sweet. So, I found the perfect new quilt from Pottery Barn Kids- I'm planning to get it in pink, but take a peek! It reverses to white with green polka dots, exactly like her curtains. The sheets I got are green with white polka dots- too cute! Maybe Pat and I will make it up to Trolley Square this week so I can finally start putting her room together more. I should take before and after pics. She really needs a new dresser, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled at some of the locally owned cutesy furniture shops.
My last big purchases of the weekend came from the Anniversary Sale at Nordstrom. I knew I needed some new shoes, so I threw Addie in the car at 8 last night (when really she should have been going to bed soon after) and let her have a girl's night out of shopping with me. It's amazing when you have two how much you kind of miss doing things with your kids individually. Sometimes it's nice to go out with just her instead of hefting Sam along too. Anyhow, I've been trying to get some exercise motivation so that I can shed the 5 pounds I gained in the past 2 weeks. Yeah, they've been some stressful weeks. Here are my cute new running shoes, and here are my old reliable Dansko's in black, although this time I branched out and bought the mary-jane style instead of the closed-back clog. The really cool thing with the running shoes is that you can buy some sort of nike-ipod sport pack that includes a sensor you put into your shoe, and then it talks to your ipod to tell you how far you've gone, how fast, how many calories burned, etc. Not that I'm getting it in the near future, but honestly, how cool is that. If I'm going to make myself do some sort of physical activity, I'd love a cool high-tech way to track my progress. Or maybe Patrick's love for useful gadgets is rubbing off on me.
So now that I've spent all our money, I need to commit to eating at home for a while as penance. Maybe tomorrow I'll post my menu for the week in hopes it will make me more dedicated to stick to it. But if you want to go shopping, let me know ;)
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment