Friday, August 3, 2007

Ok, I'll play...

I decided it was time for me to get in on one of these blogging my personal trivia crazes so you can get to know me. Thanks, Lupe, for tagging the general public. I guess I could admit to blog snooping Carey, so I've really been tagged twice. Without further ado...

4 JOBS I'VE HAD

1) 8th grade United States history teacher. Good times...

2) General Services at the Missionary Training Center. I refer to it as my mission since I worked there for 2 years. When I started the missionaries were still cute, and I was only 19. When I left, I realized missionaries really aren't as cool as I'd always believed. Now, I can't believe I ever thought they were cool (and with a brother on a mission I have license to say it)! I worked with some amazing people here too, one of them my best friend and roommate in college.

3) Human Resources Assistant at the Alpine School District Office. It was in between school years, and such a funny job, but working with some great ladies.

4) Hospital "Office Worker". I started as a scheduler in Diagnostic Imaging, and while there worked as a scheduler in Physical Therapy,and also in admitting, medical records, and as a pbx operator. By far one of my most fun jobs, especially because I worked with one of my best friends.



4 PLACES I'VE LIVED

1) Enola, PA

2) Meridian, ID

3) Provo, UT

4) Lehi, UT


4 FOODS I LOVE (Maybe I can make this a topic of another post only change it to 40 foods I love. I'm still not sure that would be enough...)

1) Ice cream. I've had a love affair with this most splendid of foods from a young age. I'm fairly confident I could out-eat anyone reading this blog in an ice cream eating contest. LOVE it! Words honestly aren't expressing here the depth of feelings.

2) Pork Tacos. Easy recipe, delicious results. Honestly, who doesn't love taco night?

3) Avocados- I love them in salads, in tacos, in guacamole, by themselves. It's "good fat", right?

4) Hamburgers. I could eat a good burger every night of the week. I especially love grilling them at home during the summer and having them with tomato straight from the vine. So delicious.



4 WEB SITES I FREQUENT

1) Blogs. I've turned into quite the blog snooper. I never knew what I was missing out on!

2) Martha Stewart. I have dreams of being a domestic goddess. I pretend I am when I visit this site. They have some great recipes, and cute project ideas.

3) USBank. I'm constantly keeping track of my spending.

4) Utah Real Estate. No, we're not moving, but I think once you've looked for houses, you'll always have the bug.




4 Places I'd rather be:

1) at the mall- I have some serious shopping to do. The Anniversary sale is almost over.

2) in Boise. My friend Amy had the day off today and wanted me to come visit, but the thought of the drive with 2 kids by myself just wasn't appealing.

3)in Seattle. Beautiful and fun!

4) in Hawaii- I think maybe we're going next year, and I'm getting so excited!




4 MOVIES THAT I LIKE

1) Clue- So many great one-liners, what's not to love?

2) Stranger Than Fiction- who doesn't love a dark comedy

3) The Sound of Music- I used to believe I was Julie Andrews.

4) You've Got Mail-I'd like to be the cute person that Meg Ryan plays in this movie. She always has on such great skirts.



4 TV SHOWS I WATCH:

1) The Office

2) Numbers (every other Friday when we're not out on a date)

3) America's Test Kitchen- only if I happen to catch it on a Saturday on PBS, but I love it.

4) So You Think You Can Dance- yes, this is one of my guilty pleasures


There you have it. I'm serious, look for an upcoming blog entitled 40 foods I love. I wish that I ate to live instead of lived to eat, but alas, food is a passion.

5 comments:

Lupe said...

Great getting to know you! You taught 8th grade! Serious respect points there. They haven't snatched you up to teach the 13 yr old Sunday School class? I too have a love affair with food. A forbidden passion when I was affiliated with Weight Watchers a few years ago. No worries, I saw the light, you know the flourescent ones that said Outback?

Melissa E Photography said...

I would be willing to take you up on an ice cream eating challenge. Or, perhaps I should say ice cream INHALING contest, because that's what I'm going to do to beat you. WAA AHHA HH. Hows about.. Tues the 14th at some BBQ place in PG. B.Y.O.S.

:)

And I'm totally a SYTYCD fan too. Go Sabra!

Melissa E Photography said...

Translation: BYOS (bring your own spoon)

Christina said...

No need to translate, Mel. Us ice cream lovers are down with the lingo :)

Christina said...

But the race is not for speed, but quantity, so you may want to change your strategy...