Or any other music that helps build the suspense while waiting. Yes, we're still waiting to hear on the job. It's so frustrating to me that they feel no stress to get back to us and don't realize our lives are left hanging in the balance! They called yesterday and requested references, so Pat sent them over. Today because I begged, he sent an e-mail to see if they'd made any progress, and they called to say they were working on it, but I don't think they've made any calls yet. Unfortunately, this probably means we won't hear from them until next week, and since Monday is a holiday, it drags it out even more! I guess Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience, but boy is it hard. I keep trying to remind myself that His time table is perfect, and mine is not, so I should trust His timing. It's just really hard for me to have that much faith sometimes. Keep us in your prayers, though. We're really wanting this to work out, I just have to realize it will be in the Lord's due time.
Last night I worked on making my visiting teaching changes for the routes this month, and I also stopped by the bishop's office to get my new bar-coded recommend. I need to update all of my district reports that I pass out to the supervisors now, and get all of the assignments ready for Sunday. I really don't mind my calling, and there have been times I've loved it, but it's extremely busy at some points, and I've had it for almost 2 years. I wouldn't be sad to stay here, but I'm kind of feeling that bug for a change, so we'll see if it really happens or not. The saddest thing would be not working as closely with the RS pres who's also my neighbor and good friend in the ward. She's in her 50's, but we are extremely similar in so many ways, and it's nice to have each other as sounding boards about various happenings. Her Dad worked in Mission Control for NASA- how cool is that? Pat always wanted to be an astronaut, so he just thinks it's the coolest thing.
This morning I woke up to a sick Addie and Pat. Hannah, we didn't even get together, how did I get your plague? :) Just kidding, I think the cousins passed it along. They've both had fevers all day, and Addie had zero appetite. Then she started complaining that her tongue hurt when she was drinking, and when she tried to eat a little dinner she said her mouth hurt. I looked at her throat and it looked really red, so we went to the pediatrician-after-hours tonight, and he swabbed her throat. It's not strep, at least not yet, so he thinks it's something viral giving her a bad sore throat and her fever. It's so sad to see your kids so listless and miserable. He said to give her tylenol or motrin and popsicles and ice cream. She quit her popsicle after 2 bites earlier today, and we stopped and got a milkshake on our way home that she abandoned after a few sips. That's a sure sign she's not up to snuff. She's also regressed some on potty training today. She just didn't have any desire to sit on the potty. I think we only had one successful round today. Oh well, 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I hope I can still come to the MC lunch tomorrow and leave Pat and Addie for an hour to be sick together. I'm hoping they rally so Pat and I can go out tomorrow night and so we can make fun weekend plans. We shall see.
Thanks, Sharla, for being the only one to offer any input on my Relief Society lesson about becoming a Zion-like people. *Hint hint* I've been trying to gather some resources today to really delve in. If anyone has further insights, feel free to to give me all you got! Oh, and a thanks to Hannah for re-issuing the Book of Mormon challenge. I started with you yesterday, so hopefully I can keep going. I love reading the beginning of the Book of Mormon. I've started it so many times (and not made it the whole way through as many times as I've started), and the beginning pages are just like an old friend to me. It's kind of fun to contemplate on things I get out of the scriptures as I get older and realize how I'm kind of growing up. Oh, I have a long way to go, but I think I'm a lot better at pondering than I used to be, or maybe I just have a lot more to ponder about. I don't know what it is, but the scriptures just get better and better the older I get. So I'm very excited to keep going and read the BoM and feel the blessings and power that come from having it as a part of my life!
I wish I had more news to post, but that's about it. Oh, a quick Addie funny. Today I told her she had a fever. Then she kept asking me if I had a beaver, and I had no idea what she was talking about, until I realized it was her way of saying fever. No, Addie, I don't have a beaver, and hopefully I won't get one. Kids have no idea how funny they can be!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment