
Sometimes, just when you get to a point of feeling better about things, the wounds get opened all over again. Yesterday we got Pat's last check which solidified our feelings about what a jerk his former boss can be. It's good to get it out of my system. Now I've said it and I can move on.
We actually had a really fun day yesterday (before getting the mail with the check in the early evening). Pat decided he couldn't take it anymore and needed a day away from the stress, so we went to Cascade Springs up American Fork Canyon. It was so beautiful and peaceful.


The above pic includes Addie in the pink hat with her cousins. My SIL and her 2 kids came with us, along with my FIL. It was a fun family outing. We had a picnic, and walked around all of the loops they have that go through the springs. We took Sam in the stroller, and except for one part where there were stairs that we carried the stroller down, everything was very accessible. Addie was a champion hiker kind of like her mom and dad. I love hiking, but don't do it now that we have kids as much as I'd like. We bought a great carrier from REI when we went to Moab last year, but now that we have 2 kids we need to figure out another one or else do short enough hikes for Addie to walk the whole way. On the way back down we stopped at Sundance and got delicious cookies. I love going to Sundance. The Foundry Grill is one of my favorite Utah restaurants. Maybe we'll go there for Pat's birthday if we feel like we can swing it. I sat down and wrote out our bills last night after FHE, and then realized oh yeah, this is why being unemployed is a bummer. BUT, we do have savings, and we know that we may have to use it, and it really will be ok. Pat drafted this amazing e-mail last night to a company he's been talking to about a position he's interested in there. The hardest thing right now is that he is pretty confident that if he can get an interview, he can get the job, but he hasn't had any calls yet for interviews...ok, insert phone ring here... "Hello" "Hello is Patrick there?" "He's not, can I take a message?" "Yes, this is so and so from such and such, I received an e-mail from him today and would like to schedule an interview with him next week." Honestly, did I not just type that he sent an awesome e-mail and we were hoping good would come of it? What a fluke that just as I was typing it, the HR department called. No, not a fluke, but a blessing. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the reminder of how involved you are in our lives and how mindful you are of our little family. I feel so great right now! What was I typing about again? Oh yeah, hopefully this will lead to a new job!
So, in other news, my e-bay account was hacked, has been disabled, and some weirdo from Israel was trying to list stuff to sell under my account. I only make an occasional purchase, I've never sold a thing, but it's soooo frustrating! After a ridiculous live-chat with an ebay rep to try to get some resolution, I have to send them a bunch of ID because I couldn't remember an old college phone number I used when I set up the account to confirm my identity. Luckily I'm hoping they can't access too much. My credit card info that's in there expires in September, so hopefully they didn't get to it. I know identity theft can be much worse, but it's still extremely irritating.
I think that about wraps up the past couple of days at our house. Yay, me for figuring out how to insert pics. And yay, Pat, for sending an awesome email that's led to an interview next week. I am truly so blessed.

3 comments:
Hooray for the blessings! I will be praying that things work out for you and your family. I love those little reminders that the Lord is intimately involved, even in the small details in our lives.
Good luck to your hubby!
Yay for blessings! Boo for phony ebay people! I swear that's the crappiest thing about ebay, all the fake bids you get and what not. Same with Craigslist.
I hear you on the unemployment thing, it totally bites, but I'm so happy you're having such great optimism in your trials. The Lord makes us strong, but if we don't get to use our muscles once in a while we get weak! Nobody likes a weakling!
In this week alone, we've had A)SIL have a baby, B)BIL diagnosed with WNV, C)MIL has had really bad rib pain, D) MIL goes to chiropractor, then dr., finds out she has shingles and has possibly infected BRAND NEW NEWBORN and little Lockey. Oh the tears, pain, and agony that has ensued. E) Other BIL gets home tomorrow...BIL with the WNV is all teenage angst ridden, yada yada yada....big ball of aggitatedness...everyone is on edge. The blessing out of this? We're not the center of attention anymore! Wahoo!
I hope everything works out for Patrick, and your kids are dolls.
That's amazing about the HR call! I hope you get that ebay sitch settled. Great pics of the hike, beautiful scenery!
Post a Comment