Well, we're still hanging in there, but I think I'm starting to go a little stir-crazy! The past couple of days haven't been too eventful. Pat gave me more details about his conversation with the HR department where he's interviewing Monday. Apparently when he sent his e-mail, the HR director forwarded it to the VP, who e-mailed her back right away and told her to get him in for an interview. So it definitely seems promising! We've both had good feelings about it, so hopefully those will continue. I think the biggest perk for me would be having him work so close to home. It's probably 4 miles from home at most- so close!
Let me re-cap what else we've been up to. We went to the temple yesterday for a sealing assignment. It was so nice to be there. I really haven't been very good about going for a while. It's hard for me to go while pregnant, and also hard while nursing for the beginning part, but Sam is finally going for long enough stretches that I can make it there for a little bit. It's so nice to be in the temple and feel the peace that is there. It's fun now to have Addie at a stage where she realizes where we're going. As we left she said "have fun at the temple" and when we got back she asked "how was the temple?".
I took the kids and went to lunch with my mom yesterday. We went to Thanksgiving Point to the deli. It was kind of nice to get out of the house. She works very long hours, so it's rare when we get to do things with her, especially during the day. Addie always enjoys some Grandma time, and my mom loves it too. It seemed like we didn't have much of a chance to talk between eating and taking care of the kids, but I think Pat probably enjoyed the break.
The weather here has been so nice the past few days, especially in the evenings. We've been spreading out a blanket on the lawn and taking the kids out, and it's been so nice. I really need to be out jogging more, but I don't know how much I'm going to feel like it for a few days. Yesterday when we were getting ready for the temple, I got Sam out of his crib and then tripped on one of Addie's dolls and fell with Sam. I kind of fell funny trying to protect him, but I'm a little sore today. Then in the sealing assignment there were only 2 women, so I was participating a lot! By the time we left the temple last night I felt so sick, and it felt like heaven to go to bed early last night. I don't remember the last time I crashed before 10- it was great!
Well, now that I've typed this it seems like we have been up to a lot, but it really hasn't felt like it. I'm hoping we'll go do something fun today, and then tonight our niece and nephew are coming over because it's our turn to watch. I think I'm going to see if they want to just stay the night since it was my BIL and SIL's anniversary this week. Sunday is Pat's birthday, so I need to decide if we'll have family over for just cake and ice cream, or if we want to have dinner too. I probably should find something to give him, too. He hates things like birthdays- he refuses to tell people when his birthday is and can't stand the recognition/embarrassment that comes with it. I try not to embarrass him, but I do find ways to let him know how much I love him! Hope your Friday is a great start to your weekend!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fingers crossed for Pat and his interview! How scary about your fall w/ Sam! So good you went to the Temple and got some rest afterwards! I enjoy reading your blogs!
I have fallen holding Emma. So Scary!! I was on the ice and twisted my body to protect her and my hip was so bruised! I hope you feel better!!!
I sure hope Pat gets this job! That would be so wonderful to have him working so close!!
Post a Comment