So, Delicious Dish on Saturday Night Live was one of my all-time favorite skits. I don't watch much anymore, it's gotten so dirty (maybe it was before and I was too naive to realize it), but that radio cooking show was some seriously good laughs, and where my title for the night comes from. And now, on to the latest updates.
We are jobless and LOVING it! Ok, maybe that's a little too positive. Not loving it, but dealing ok. Patrick went to a resume class tonight that was not as great as he'd hoped for. The main premise by the presenter was to call places you're interested in to take a tour, and then if you take a tour, you can sell yourself on the tour to get a job. He pointed out that in his field, many development places don't really give tours of their cubicle-filled buildings, but the presenter insisted they would give him a tour. You know, so many people get so sucked into things. Did you realize Utah is the MLM capital of the world? I guess the problem is, we're pretty skeptical about things, so when Pat attended this class, he wasn't hook-line-and sinker sucked in to this guy's strategies. I guess we'll see how things go. He's continued to apply for some jobs, and he's put his name out there to his network of past co-workers. We're really trying to be selective to get a job that's good for our family for the long term instead of just taking the first thing that comes rolling in. Hopefully we're not shooting ourselves in the foot, but we feel good about it so far.
Since he's been home we've enjoyed time going swimming, going to the park, running errands together, weeding, and just hanging out. It's really been nice so far. He kind of feels like it's like summer vacation, ok in the beginning, but can get old fast. I'm sure I agree, so we'll see how it goes.
So, here's my fun night tonight. I decided that even though Pat would be at his resume class, I'd drag my kiddos along to meet some MC friends. I'm so glad I went. I felt bad that the conversation was not as integrated with the whole table, but I've found that's always kind of how it is in big groups. I always leave social functions like that thinking I talk way too much. Did I come on too strong? Was I so overly fun that it bordered on obnoxious? I know, I know, my social skills may seem lacking...or hyper-active. I'm hoping that I didn't scare away any of my new friends, but I really had a great time and am hoping to get together with some of these fun girls again soon. So girls, (if you're still bothering to read this and haven't found me too crazy yet) let's do lunch soon. Maybe after my husband goes back to work, I'll plan a little shin-dig or something.
So, that about wraps it up around here I guess. I figured I'd go ahead and update before everyone thinks I've fallen off the planet. Oh, and thanks to all of the well-wishers who commented on my last post. Yes, we're really still doing ok. I'll try to add you all to my friend list soon. I'm off to bed soon...
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yeah, that resume class sounds a bit hokey? Hope Patrick will find something that will work for your family.
So happy you and MC gals got together!! So fun!
Dang! Missed the MC party train again!
That tour thing....(me shaking my head right now) sounds ridiculous. The only way I could maybe see that working is if you're applying for McDonalds or something, where as you're walking by the fryer you say aloud, "Hey, I could do that. Yeah, I bet I'm a really good fryer! You wanna see? You wanna hire me?" It seems a little silly, eh?
And isn't doing housework with your spouse so romantic! I bet you're loving the weeding time together!
I found your blog! It was so fun to meet you last night! I agree that we should get together again soon...
K, if you think you were obnoxious than I should be shunned. I'm a freak! I was so busy ripping apart my delicious meat that I flung a chunk into your purse! If that's no obnoxious I don't know what is. I'm bummed you had to leave early, but it was still a blast. I risked blowing chunks, it was so much fun.
First things first-- I loved Delicious Dish! I refer to it frequently!
I love that you guys are "making lemonade", so to speak, as Pat looks for his next gig. It's always good to enjoy the ride.
Sooo jealous of your fun get together. Why, oh why do I live in the mission field? ;)
Oh crap, lol, mel's meat in the purse comment has me cracking up. Now I'm really sad that I live in Nevada and none of us can ever seem to get together for an mc dinner. I'll have to jaunt up to Utah for your next one, it sounds like it would be worth the trip!
I"m trying to imagine someone asking for a tour and talking the person into hiring them?? Interesting tactic, but I agree a little odd. I hope that some of his contacts work out. But nice that in the meantime your getting in some good family time.
Post a Comment