Wednesday, August 8, 2007

No naps and blog stalkin'...

Well, the biggest development over the past two days is no naps. That's right, folks, Addie has decided she's had enough. After 2 days of battles where Addie has gotten physical and I've tried hard not to, I think afternoon naps for Addie are becoming a thing of the past. I honestly don't know how I will survive. I can't wait until 2:00 rolls around and I finally have a little time to myself, sometimes with Sam, but usually at least an hour to myself. I've tried explaining to her that if she's not napping, she needs to have quiet time, which involves playing or looking at books quietly in her room. I told her that I need to not be mommy during a few hours every afternoon, and that it's really better for both of us if she can cooperate on the matter. Instead, she's decided she wants to be in my hip pocket. Today I finally said I was taking a nap, so she turned on the tv in my room and sat next to me, patting me, while I dozed for half an hour. I am really not ready for this. Really really not ready for this. It wouldn't be so bad if she'd go to bed a lot earlier because of it, but so far we've only managed to move bedtime up half an hour. Please tell me how I'm going to stay sane. I think I need to go get that Healthy Sleep Habits book pronto! Maybe tomorrow while Addie's not napping, we can go to the bookstore to get it.

In other news, I have become a serious blog stalker. I'm so glad that my small circle of blogging friends have long lists of blogging friends, and their friends have other long lists of blogging friends, and on and on. Honestly, who knew there were so many interesting/hilarious/random people out there documenting their lives in a similar manner. So, a challenge to those of you who are stalking my blog. Make yourselves known. Leave a comment. I dare you! Help my list grow so I have new blogs to snoop, and your long list of friends to snoop too! I promise to try to learn new blogging skills to make my blog more visually appealing. I promise to make a real effort to get out of the house and stop blog snooping so I have more interesting things to blog about. And I promise to sharpen my social skills so my charming, witty, and all around personable self will be seen in every post. Ok, maybe that last one is a little ambitious. But you don't have to tell me I'm funny. I know I'm funny. I've lived with myself for 25 years. I am DANG funny! You would only know how funny that is if you went to college with me :) In all seriousness, come out and play, blog stalkers. It's a lot more fun playing in the playground than it is peeking through the fence!

And now I need to go to bed to make up for the naps I'm missing since Addie is missing them too. Good night, everybody!

5 comments:

jeremyandleslie said...

I'm so sorry Addie is not napping. I dread that day - granted Emma only naps for 45 minutes a day right now but it's at least 45 minutes of quiet. Hopefully she'll get the hang of quiet time in her room quickly. Bribe her with cookies.
I hope my cookie recipe turned out ok for you. You gotta try it with the craisins and white chocolate chips - I'm not a fan of either by themselves but in a cookie - so yumm.
Good luck with nap time today!

Lupe said...

My second didn't nap either. You expressed my feelings at the time to a tee. It will get better, for sure!

You're very funny and witty. I too venture out on blogs. Some blogs I know the people yet don't feel comfortable leaving a comment. I feel like I'm intruding or something? On other blogs, I feel totally invited and comfortable about leaving a comment. Even if I don't know them? Just a good vibe I guess. Weird huh? I usually leave a comment on a few blogs. If they don't reply to me, then I know they probably are not interested. No harm because my other friends are so fun!

Anonymous said...

I would be proud to have you stalk my blog!

n8'swife said...

Hey, I'm another MCer, and a mom with a non-napping 2 year old. I totally feel your pain and hope that you can find a solution. I take a naptime for myself sometimes too!

Mrs. Walker said...

First of all: I don't blog "stalk". I blog....peruse. And secondly....you stalk my blog! But I guess you have left a few comments....so I will allow that to pass.... :D I love reading your blog! I think you have a sweet sassy style frosted with some great intellect.

For Addie, I'm really sorry! I live for Locke's 5 naps a day! Quiet time is awesome though, the kids I nanny (5&6) both have quiet time for an hour everyday where they listen to stories on their cd player and play ON their bed. That's a requirement.

If all else fails, you can just get those door handle holders where she can't get out of her bedroom.....lol. At least she'll be safe for an hour or so until you're ready to handle her again. Oh man, I'm going to be such a mean mom!