Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Sun Will Come Out...Tomorrow?

We hope, at least! Pat's interview today went well. He said it wasn't his best ever, but he felt pretty good about it. When he came home and we were talking about it, it was amazing how little details that we'd been concerned with had been totally resolved during the interview. It is honestly such an amazing fit for Pat's abilities, as well as for our family. There were a few things that have happened during this process that have made us doubt the good feelings we'd felt, and today it became clear that we had no reason to doubt. It's so awesome to realize we have a Heavenly Father who can see the whole picture, and knows what's best for us. I feel truly humbled. Tonight we were out and received a message from the HR person saying that she'd be letting us know tomorrow, but the feedback that she'd received so far had been really positive. Hopefully that's a good sign! It's so nice to (maybe) have an end in sight. Although I've overall really enjoyed this time, it does have to end at some point. Did I mention this new place is maybe 7 minutes from home? Yay!!! So say an extra little prayer we'll get good news tomorrow!

This morning I went visiting teaching. It's kind of been a struggle this month! Tomorrow is finally our last appointment. We have 5 sisters right now, and we didn't have any back to back appointments this month, but luckily Pat's been around to watch the kidlets so I've been ok. Tomorrow night I'm supposed to work on changes with the RS Pres, so hopefully we can lower our number to 4. This Sunday I'm teaching Relief Society. I'm the Visiting Teaching coordinator, but we have multiple members of the presidency who are unwilling to teach Relief Society (yes, a little dysfunctional) and the president will be out of town, so she asked me to teach. I'm thinking I'm going to steal a topic that was on MC and kind of morph it into my own thing. I'd like to talk about becoming more Zion-like as a people, and how visiting teaching is a natural extension of that. If you have any insights, feel free to post them in my comments. I've been thinking about it some, but have yet to do any research, and I really need to get cracking! I thoroughly enjoy teaching Relief Society, though, so I'm really excited to dig into this lesson. In my patriarchal blessing, it talks about teaching as one of my spiritual gifts, and it is kind of a handy one to have! I guess you often enjoy doing things you do well, and although I'm not trying to say I'm queen of awesome-ness at it, I usually can relax and enjoy it.

Today Addie had poo-poos in the potty! HOORAY! She's had serious issues with #2 for a while including fissures, bleeding, and all around terrible-ness, especially for a 2 year old, so I thought this was going to be a huge hurdle for us in potty training. When I saw her prize in the potty, she looked at me and said "I have potty party now, mom?" I told her when she used the potty for a week that she could have a potty party, so we're getting closer! Hopefully she won't go back to not using it after her party. She is a party girl, so I said we could have a cake, she could have a present, and we could have a party together. When I first brought it up, she freaked out, so I didn't think it would work, but I guess it did. I am totally excited. We haven't moved on to training while she sleeps yet, but awake training is a huge victory for us. One step at a time, right? And thanks for baring with me as I brag about my child's bowel abilities.

Thanks for letting me vent yesterday and for your kind words. They brought smiles to my face. I need to head to our Enrichment group book club, so I'm out. Later.

6 comments:

tara said...

wow!!! You have 5 people to VT? that is a TON. Especially if none are back to back. my word.

I'm crossing my fingers for good news about the job...
and...poo in the potty is a ginormous accomplishment...brag to your heart's content:)

thanks for poppin' into my blog! I've got it on good authority that you are one cool girlie! (Mel,Lupe,Sharla...man...you keep some snazzy company woman!:)
I've enjoyed reading more about you on yours!!!

Christina said...

Thanks, Tara! Does that mean I can officially add you to my list of bloggin' friends?

Sharla said...

Christina, we're VT coordinator twins! We can totally share war stories!

I love the Zion theme-- I was just talking to my sister about this yesterday! It seems like a "last days" problem is that we keep getting more and more distant and separated from each other-- everyone has become so "busy" that we don't have much time (or desire) to form that connectedness (Zion). I love that VT is an antidote for that-- it's so inspired. Now, if only I could convince the sisters of that! ;)

Thinking good new job thoughts!

kristin said...

Good luck with everything - I really hope that you have heard good news already about the job. I keep thinking about you and your fam...

In fact, I thought about you so much that I had a dream about you. :D It was Christmas time and we were neighbors and we went to an MC party together on Christmas eve that lasted until midnight. ;) Then I was supposed to come help you clean your house on Christmas morning, but i slept in. Sorry to have jilted you in my dream.

CRAZY!

Christina said...

That's hilarious, Kristin! Don't worry, I won't harbor any bad feelings :) If you ever want to leave Logan, I think you'd make an awesome neighbor! Thanks for thinking about us.

tara said...

Surely!! I'm gonna add you too, if that's okay:)