Monday, August 27, 2007

Catching up...

Sorry ladies, it's been a busy few days, so let me update you on our fun weekend!
Friday we took the kids to the zoo during the day. Addie had a great time seeing all the "mammimals", and Sam held up great! The weather wasn't nearly as hot as it has been, so it was nice, although we were there in early afternoon, so some animals were napping which wasn't quite as fun. After we got home, I took dinner over to a lady I visit teach who just had a baby. Then my niece and nephew came over and we tended since it was our turn. My niece ended up staying the night with Addie. They had a fun time, and woke up so surprised because they didn't know they were having a sleepover! The next morning they played and I made them pancakes. I went to a Mary Kay party for a few minutes. Another girl I visit teach was throwing it because her sis was the consultant, and it was her first party. I was only there for maybe 40 minutes, and I wanted to poke my eyeballs out. My philosophy about things like that is I don't sell crap, and I don't buy other people's crap. I only went to support my friend throwing it. Her sis was so high pressure which is just not my thing. Finally I just stood up and said, I have a nursing baby that I have to get home to, can I just check out your website? and then skedaddled.

Ok, we interrupt this blog to bring you an IMPORTANT bulletin. Addie just used the potty for the first time! What a breakthrough! She has literally had zero interest forever, so I'm totally shocked. In the time since I started this blog, she's gone 5 times! Little tinkles every time, but honestly, that sound is music to my ears. Maybe no more diapers, just pull-ups and panties from here on out. Hallelujah! We now return to your regularly scheduled post.

So, the rest of Saturday, I cleaned a lot in the afternoon and did a Costco run for a few items. Then we had a ward MilkCan Dinner that night. It was some small town fun, but actually was quite enjoyable. They stew a bunch of meat and veggies in big milk cans, then poured it in troughs (big rubbermaid containers) that we served ourselves from. They also had some entertainment, a group of banjo-ing, fiddling, guitar-playing 70-somethings called the Old Time Fiddlers. They were quite the riot. I think the highlight of their performance was when the 85 year old sang about wanting to be buried in a Glad Bag when she died because coffins are too expensive. Addie had fun playing on the playground at the park, and Sam loves to be outside. It was a nice night.
Yesterday was Pat's birthday. After church I spent time cooking and getting things ready. We had pork tacos and rice and beans. Everything was delicious. The only problem was the number of messes I created trying to get ready for his party! Saturday night after I made his angel food cake (his favorite), I turned it upside down on a bottle of balsamic vinegar, but it broke in the process, so there was vinegar and glass everywhere! Then, I got home from church yesterday and my crockpot had overflowed, so I had mango peach salsa and pork juice all over my counters, cabinets, walls, and floor. It was honestly some huge messes! My mom and her DH came over and so did Pat's bro and his fam. He got a few gift cards to restaurants for his b-day, one to McGrath's and one to Carver's, along with a Barnes and Noble gift card, and a check from his parents. I gave him a Costco box of Reese's peanut butter cups. I wanted to get him something, but didn't feel like we could break the bank, so this was perfect.
Church was great yesterday. I'll have to do a post soon about some of the gospel things I've been pondering. Right now, I need to jet and shower because Addie has a follow-up appointment with the ENT this morning to make sure her tubes are still in tact. Hope everyone has a great start to their week. Pat is supposed to have his interview today, so maybe I'll post again tonight! Later, friends.

2 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Love love LOVE Carvers! I'm hoping DH and I can run over there for a much needed date somenight when we have $100 to blow on a dinner! MMM!

Lupe said...

Way to Addie!! Wow! You were a busy mamma! I'm so impressed you managed to escape a MK party!! High pressure sales aren't my thing either.