Over the past week, I've really begun to realize more than ever how the little things really make me so happy. Today was nothing overly special, but it was so nice to just be together. I took my neighbor who doesn't drive to a dr. appointment. We went to Naartjie so I could exchange some sizes of Addie's new clothes. We stopped by my mom's work on our way back, but she'd gone to lunch, so we grabbed some Sonic (I love a good cranberry limeade) and went to her condo to stop by and let her have a little grandma time. The kids fell asleep in the car on the way home- a definite bright spot. I lazed out on dinner so we had a salad and some frozen pizza. After dinner Pat wanted to take Addie outside, so she put on play clothes and he let her play in the hose. I was so happy watching my amazing husband and sweet little girl spray each other, chase each other, giggle, and get soaked. I am so lucky to have a husband who loves being a dad and who plays with his kids. It really is things like this that make me so infinitely happy. This time is really great for us to refocus on the things that are most important to us. That was one thing that was really hard about Pat's job- the boundary between work and home was non-existent. In some ways, his boss created it to be that way, because he likes the company to be so "close" and for everyone to do things together, so it seems kind of like since he knows us more personally, maybe we won't mind as much if they're working long hours and overstepping bounds. I'm really excited for a fresh start so we can define boundaries from the beginning and find the balance.
Sorry I'm so contemplative right now, but there's a season for everything, and this is a season of renewal, refocus, and recommitting in our family. I'll try to get back to my witty self soon, so just deal for now. Thanks for all of your comments that make me feel so good. Mel, I loved the meat in my bag. Didn't you know I wanted to save it for later? ;) Ha ha, times aren't THAT tough here! Have a good night, all.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It's good to sit back and enjoy your life at whatever phase it's at. You've got a great attitude! I enjoy your optimism!!
What a great post! I need a reminder to do that every once and a while. I have such a wonderful life and sometimes I get too busy too appreciate it!
Your husband sounds like a wonderful dad. I can't think of anything cuter than a dad who loves his kids.
I LOVED this post. We all need a little contemplation every now and then. Just don't overdo it now. ;) Seriously though, you've got a contagious tude!
What a great post! You have a great perspective on things. Isn't it interesting how sometimes the trials we are given that can seem so huge are just what we needed to bring things back to "center."
Good luck with it all, and I really like reading your blog. :)
I'm totally being contemplative right now too. One small word....family....gets me thinking so much! So many feelings! I was even just thinking about my SIL having her baby made me tear up!
Post a Comment