Well, my singing of the above song is about as exciting as my Saturday night got. I honestly don't have much to blog about, but figured if I started the thoughts would come. Kind of like when people get up to bear their testimonies "I have no idea what I'm going to say, but I thought I'd come up here anyway" (at which point I think of course you know what you're going to say, you're going to share your testimony and sit down, I hope, although it rarely works out that way). The past couple of days have been pretty quiet. We've done the typical Saturday is a special day things...cleaned the house...shopped at the store...trimmed our nails...shampooed our hair. You know, the usual. Pat is currently at the airport picking up his brother and fam from their vacay to the Outer Banks. My kids are in bed. It's actually kind of nice to have a little time to myself. As much as I'm loving having Pat at home, I'm not getting the amount of me time that I'm used to.
So, let me just say, that I'm a person who loves to keep in touch. If we're friends, then you'd better realize you're stuck being my friend, because at the minimum, you're getting a Christmas card, usually at least one catch-up email during the year, and depending on closeness (physical and friend-wise if that makes any sense), we may talk monthly, weekly, daily, or even a few times a day. I've kind of been in a weird transition with this with some of my friends, which has left me feeling a little lonely sometimes. I no longer have the physical closeness, which I've realized leads to a lack of friend-closeness, with a lot of my past friends, and I haven't made many new ones to take their places. I don't have many, if any talk a few times a day, or even daily friends right now, and the pool of weekly conversations is pretty small. It really is something I'm kind of proud of though. When I talk to old friends and they say have you talked to anyone recently, I usually do have updates on others because I enjoy sharing at least some of our lives even if we're not sharing everything like we used to. But I still talk/e-mail fairly regularly with at least 6 friends from high school, and about the same number of college friends. At any rate, it gives you background for why/how I'm still in touch with the next part of my post.
Last night one of my friends from high school came over with his wife. They came over a couple of months ago, but then we'd talked about getting together again before they moved to Seattle. When it actually came time to get together last night, I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. They brought pizza over because we'd made dinner for them last time, and we just sat around and visited for a while. His wife is such a great girl, and I'm really happy for them. In high school we were really close our junior year, and then our senior year he became the seminary president, and I was his first counselor. At that point, he decided we shouldn't be as close as we had been, because although we were strictly friends, we did so much together that he thought it was setting a bad example for other kids. I was totally hurt by it, and it created a lot of drama in my life that high school is made up of. Some of my fondest high school memories have him in them, but we really drifted. Then we were both at BYU, and winter semester we patched things up and hung out a lot until he went on his mission, and then wrote some on his mission. After his mission I was already married, but we stayed in touch some, and I set him up with one of my friends who he dated for a while. Anyway, I'm sure you're not wanting all of this background, but sometimes it's just really fun to get together with people who've known you for a long time. I really treasure keeping in touch with people who have been important in my life.
So look out blogging friends, you're not escaping me any time soon :) And if you do decide to stop blogging and fall into oblivion, I really will sit around and think "I wonder what ever happened to so and so."
And let me just add, the PM thing on MC is totally ticking me off, so I suppose I'll have to start e-mailing my MC friends that I used to PM. If you want to e-mail me, feel free at mrsfelt@hotmail.com. Hope your S-A-TUR-DAY NIGHT! was full o' fun!
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I really admire that you can keep in touch with friends along the way. That's cool!
That PM shut down was crazy! I mean, I may be blind, but who can cause that much ruckus on that board to send bully messages and such? Crazy!
I know! That PM thing is crazy! I think she should kick off the bullies rather than ruin our fun. lame! I'm glad you're so awesome a keeping in touch. That means I'll never be able to fall off of the face of the earth, because mrs. Christina will come track me down. COOL!
One of my BF's who lives above me is moving away this week and I'm so bummed. I need some of your tracking skills!
Way to go on keeping in touch so well! I definitely need to work on that. I so admire you for keeping in touch with people from HS. There are just my two best friends that I still talk to occasionally, but it's hard!
ps - I love reading your blog - I think you are a great writer! :)
Dude, I added you to my MSN list...I dunno if you use it, but I added you anyway! I love talking to others, especially about babies, breastfeeding...oh you know! I hate politics and reading and...ok, whew. I couldn't keep that up that long.
The whole PM thing is wack. Everyone keeps saying, "Can't we all just get along?", but I kind of feel like everyone just needs to buck up. Gird up your loins sistahs! If you have an opinion, share it! Don't hate! Appreciate!
Post a Comment