Pat would probably be disappointed knowing that I thought this was one of our most awesome dates, but honestly, I'm so blessed to have a husband who knows me and who supports me and does nice things to make me happy.
Friday was our date night, and instead of our usual fun, he suggested we get a quick bite to eat and then return home to tackle some serious spring cleaning. This was music to my ears! It was so nice to get some help in the process and be able to get so much done without A and S under foot. We went to town.
Papers were shredded. Colored pencils were sharpened. Broken crayons were thrown away. (Addie's art supplies were organized/relocated- hence the crayons and colored pencils). Kids Meal toys were chucked (and I firmly believe they multiply like rabbits- I really wish they'd start donating that money to charitable causes and quit giving toys out!) Three storage closets plus the laundry room were all reorganized. Three boxes were filled with things to get rid of. Sandwiches were eaten. Smoothies were consumed. It was fun to blast the tunes and work side by side. Totally romantic in an "I love it when you help around the house" kind of way (which he's good about anyway, but earned major points with this date!). I love my husband.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
That IS a good date!! You have a wonderful husband!
What a good husband and what a good idea. It probably was even fun -- just spending time together and doing something you really wanted to get done.
That does sound like a wonderful date night!!!!
I just emailed that post to my husband! That is the best thing I've heard about in a long time!
What a guy you've got!
i love getting a lil' something done! and it's so rare around these parts!
I love that! On Saturday Tyrel and I deep cleaned the kitchen (which needed it in the worst way). It felt so good. At the very end, I was on my hands and knees, scrubbing the floor, and he came and told me he would finish and I could go rest. It was wonderful!
Christina! You are such a mom, cleaning is your idea of fun! Sadly, I totally relate :)
Oh... what a smart guy... I always swore I would crichet on a pillow (should I learn to crochet) The amount of snuggle time a man gets is seriously related to the time he spends on housework. :)
That sounds heavenly. I love getting stuff done!
You two are awesome! And may I say that you're always welcome to come clean up my place the next time you need a romantic evening out!
Post a Comment