If you read Melissa's blog, you'll know that she was pretty upset about her leftovers from our date the other night. Just for a little background, she brought them in to my house while we played games, and then forgot them. I forgot my cell phone, so was unreachable for her to get them that night. I said I should be home the rest of the weekend, but when she came to get them Sunday, we'd gone to Pat's parents' house for an hour, and I'd forgot my phone yet again! Sadly, Melissa's leftovers were captive in my fridge. I think it was fairly fortuitous for her as we fast forward to yesterday.
I was perusing the fridge at lunch time when I decided I'd eat my leftovers from that night for lunch. I had no sooner stopped eating than I felt exhausted and the room was spinning. It wasn't long before I was barf barf barfing it up. Food poisoning is a beast. Addie kept asking "Mom, why are you throwing up all that food?" I was rendered useless for the rest of the day. I called Pat's parents who came over and sat with the kids while I alternated between sleeping, barfing, and being dizzy.
So, Melissa, I think I was protecting you. Unknowingly, but protecting all the same. What are friends for if not to get food poisoning to protect the pregnant? I'm still wiped out today, but feeling much better than yesterday meaning no dizziness or barfing. Hope your week is going well!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh, man! I"m sorry about the barfing -- no fun at all. Melissa got lucky on that one.
LOL!!! How ironic! Oh, Sister Felt. I am so glad I dodged that bullet. It would have sent me over the edge this week!
I am sorry about your barfs. You guys have had enough sickies to last you through the summer! I guess I'll stop harassing you about stealing my food... :) And I really hope you're feeling better!
That is horrible! I hope you are feeling better :)
way to take one for the team! I am so sorry you got sick - that is definitely not fun. I hope it is all passed and you are back to normal. :)
Oh poor you, Christina!! Good thing Jason ate all our good that night...
good gravy! that's nuts. so glad you're feeling better.
Oh Christina-- ever the noble one! :)
You got food poisoning to protect the pregnant friend...I need to hang with you more often!
You're such a BFF to protect Mel like that! I'm so sorry that you were SO sick! I hope you feel better!!! This post really cracks me up because it's something I would do!! HUGS!
I know that it's only Thursday, but I hope that you're doing better today and that your sweet baby girl didn't have to sleep with her pajama bottoms like her grandpa's. ;)
Get well soon!
Post a Comment