I don't know about you, but I'm itching to start some spring cleaning. I feel like my house just needs to breathe! At the same time, I'm totally overwhelmed by it all. I feel like I'd love to just send my kids away for a couple days to tackle it all, but that's pretty much totally unrealistic.
Yesterday, I happened across this site that I'm hoping will make it easy for me! It's called mom advice (honestly, what mom doesn't need some advice, because I sure do) and the woman behind it all also blogs on the site. On her blog, she's giving readers printables you can download with daily tasks to do. All that is required is to set aside one hour daily for cleaning- it seems so much more doable that way, at least to me! And to help you be even less overwhelmed, she's including recipes for each day so you can get dinner started and forget about it since you'll be busy cleaning for an hour. Today is only day 2, but really, I don't think it matters if you start this week or next or whenever you feel so inclined. I'm thinking about printing everything out and putting it in a cute binder as my own manual for getting my spring cleaning done every year. I guess we'll see how I fare this time around, first. Happy cleaning!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oooh! Thanks for the site. I have been dying to do some spring cleaning, too! Yesterday morning I decided to clean my ovens and forgot how stinky that is. We were all bundled up in coats with the doors and windows wide opened while we waited 4 hours for that to finish! I wish this weather would warm up!
You inspired me to steam clean the couch today. Spring cleaning? I don't know. But baby steps are good for me!
man, i wish i felt motivated to do REAULAR cleaning let alone deep cleaning. my bathroom looks like a gas station bathroom. disgusting.
Ooo what a fantastic idea. I am going to check it out. Thanks! :)
Tomorrow I am doing my windows inside and out. That is a good idea, thanks for sharing! :)
what a great site! I wish she had all of them posted so I don't have to wait to get all of the printables.
I'm afraid Natalie comes by her hatred of cleaning from me -- I hate it too and what I really want is someone to come in and DO IT for me.
that's a great step by step guide for spring cleaning -thanks for sharing - how's the house looking now?
Post a Comment