Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Milestone and the rest of Easter recap

I almost forgot to blog about this totally blog-worthy event! On Sunday, Addie gave her I gave Addie's first talk. It's great to give a talk on a holiday, because you instantly have a topic! Her talk was about Easter, and Jesus visiting people he loved like Mary and the Apostles after His resurrection, and the fact that one day He will visit us again. It worked in the weekly theme quite well, if I do say so myself. Although we had practiced tons and she knew it so well, as soon as she got to the podium she put her head down on it so she wouldn't have to face all of the bright eyes looking at her. I felt terrible for her, but I think I saw the writing on the wall that it may go that way. She's got plenty of time to conquer her fears of public speaking, and I don't expect her to have worked through it by age 3 but definitely by age 4 .

The Easter Bunny made a little pre-stop on Saturday before the big day Sunday. We got Addie a new bike and Sam a Thomas the Tank Engine ride on toy, but we don't usually play with things like that on Sundays so they were delivered Saturday to give everyone a chance to play. Sam's toy was missing pieces, so we trekked back to Hell- Wal-Mart and fought the masses to get a working Thomas (only to have one of the buttons break yesterday- I'm not sure if I'm taking it back again). Saturday night was busy prepping for Easter bunny duties plus my lesson Sunday plus making two batches of rolls for Easter dinner. My lesson was not my favorite, but I think was passable despite the high number of elderly ladies snoring . Easter dinner was with Pat's family and was totally delicious. Ham, turkey, asparagus with avocado, carrots, caramelized green beans, rolls, obligatory jell-o salad, followed by dessert after dessert- two varieties of lemon cakes, panna cotta, multiple varieties of cookies, and tons of Easter candy. It was a nice day, and I definitely got some time to think about the things that were most important.

It feels so good to tie up loose ends like that. Now that Easter 2008 has been documented for posterity, I can return to blogging about totally banal and inane interesting and provocative topics. Can you tell who just learned how to do strike throughs?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're so cute! fun post and sounds like a great weekend!

Suzie said...

nice strikeout skills!

I'm exhausted just hearing about all you accomplished this weekend.

sounded festive.

Heather said...

I was laughing so hard!!! How halarious, great work on the talk, I'm sure you delivered it seamlessly:)