Friday, March 7, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

Addie has been cracking me up lately. It's so fun to hear some of the funny expressions they use all the time, and sometimes everything is just cuter in 3-year-old speak. Thought I'd share some of my latest favorites from Adalicious.

-Every time we pass McDonald's, she refers to it as Old McDonald's. She made the connection between the song and the restaurant entirely on her own, and it always cracks me up.
-Yesterday she and her cousin were building a fort in the living room. They'd stripped her bed to get more blankets and had quite the set up going. When I walked in and asked what they were doing, instead of saying they were building a fort, she informed me they were building a "fourteen century." Who knows where she came up with that one!?! Maybe a little too much Antiques Roadshow...
-A few days ago we bought a new movie while at Target. She's in love with Barbie as the Island
Princess, but they didn't have it, so instead we bought Barbie as The Princess and the Pauper. Addie has taken to calling it The Princess and the Hopper. "Look, Mom, there's the princess, and there's the hopper!" Too funny.

I'm sure there are more, but those are just a few of my latest chuckles from her. Three is highly entertaining.

8 comments:

kristin said...

i just love toddlers - they say the funniest things! My neice (2.5) is so concerned that my baby isn't wearing a pink swimsuit as she "swims" in my belly. :)

I bet you are just in stiches all day long with the things Addie says and does. Too cute!

Hannah said...

She is so cute! I wish she would talk more around me cause I would love to hear some of these funnies...

Melissa E Photography said...

Awww, she is such a smart little girl. 14th century? HAHA! I'm glad you are writing them all down so you'll remember them!

Jan said...

Three is so funny -- I love it that you are keeping these written down so that you will be able to go back and remember them.

Suzie said...

tee hee hee. love it!

Unknown said...

such a cutie! maya is dying to get barbie mariposa but i want to get it from netflix before i buy it. have you seen that one?

Lupe said...

Addie is so smart. :) It's so good you're writing down her funnies because it's so fun to go over them with her when she's older. :)

tiburon said...

That is too cute! what a doll :)