Thursday, February 28, 2008
Walking on Sunshine
Today I received my anti-winter mix from the ever-so-talented Tiffany. Between that burst of sunshine, and the rays I caught while out with my kids today, it's been a good one. Yes, my family ate pancakes and bacon and pummelo for dinner tonight because I traded dinner planning for some outside time. I had to get out. I packed the kiddies in the double stroller and we walked for about an hour. I loved every minute. I think my body did too. Between the stress eating from August to January (aka, the unemployment), my typical holiday baking, and my winter sedentary lifestyle, I've gotten into some bad habits, gained back some of the weight I'd lost post-Sam, and I have a minimum of 15 to lose to get this body feeling better. I'm hoping for no more snow so I can get out there more often with the double stroller. Those kids are heavy in there- giving me some cardio and strength training, in my opinion. Hopefully within a few months I'll cross the walking threshold and be back to jogging. Don't worry, I haven't gone too crazy, though. I ate some Samoa's Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream while typing. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
wasn't it a beautiful day? We went to a local park. Jason and I played basketball and Emma played soccer. I hope it doesn't snow again!
I love the walkin with the double jogger...I agree, huge workout!
I am so jealous of your Tif CD!
It was a gorgeous day! I got my CD today too!! Wahoo!!
I loved the weather today! Now I want girl scout cookie ice cream....
I'm glad your CD arrived safe and sound! I was listening to my own copy and realized that one of the songs has a four-letter word. I would like to formally apologize for my loose standards!
Anyway, here's to more great weather! Hurrah!
Ooh, Christina, you're inspiring me! But I can't decide if it's to go walking or eat ice cream... :)
i'm enjoying the nicer weather, too. and i appreciate your motivation. i need to get back into the groove. i was almost to that jogging point. it was definitely a walk/jog, but now, i think i'll be at ground zero again. ick.
oh boy. I've never worked all the way to the jogging point. I only make it to the "lay, moaning on the floor and eat a cookie out of sheer exhaustion" point. best of luck to you though.
Isn't amazing what a little sunshine can do? It's gorgeous here too.
Even getting our bodies moving just a BIT is totally energizing.
By spring you will be running behind the double stroller! So glad you got to get out and enjoy the day!
There is a large hill near our home and at the end of the fall my goal was twice to the top in a row... it totally took all I had, you go girl, you'll be jogging in no time! (ps. what is this CD?)
There is a large hill near our home and at the end of the fall my goal was twice to the top in a row... it totally took all I had, you go girl, you'll be jogging in no time! (ps. what is this CD?)
I don't think I could honestly say I've ever enjoyed a walk passed the half hour point. lol
I'm so happy about the weather. We are finally seeing a light at the end of this very long, cold, gray, sucky winter tunnel.
Christina!! How fun to read about your life and the things that are happening in your family. I hear you live close...we're near BYU. I would love to get together sometime. It's been SO long! I hope everything is going well for you.
PS I'm loving the warm weather so much I can hardly stand it. I'm SO excited for summer!
-Kallie Maughan (Wilkins)
maughansters.blogspot.com
Post a Comment