- Friday spent cleaning my house, getting my hair cut and colored, and then journeying to the airport to pick up Patrick. He is so happy to be home, and we're so happy to have him back. Just being in the same place again has been such a nice thing.
- Saturday morning trip to Costco (where I always forget a few items I needed) just in time to stay for lunch. Addie was so happy.
- A jaunt in the afternoon to IKEA with a friend. I came home with a lot more than I intended to buy when I left, but I made a few fun purchases, and it was nice to have a little break from home and a visit while shopping.
- Kicking Pat out to door to attend stake priesthood meeting (only for him to piece together during the meeting that it was actually priesthood leadership meeting and he didn't need to go) while I frantically ran to the grocery store to get something to make for dinner, cooked dinner, and bathed kids so we could be ready for the Saturday night session of stake conference.
- Immensely enjoyed the Saturday night session- I always seem to get so much more out of it when I don't have my kids with me. Elder Pace was the visiting authority because there was a stake division and realignment. We actually attended a stake conference that was not for our existing stake, but our ward along with 2 others from our old stake were annexed into this stake during the conference. I left feeling like I have a lot to work on- always kind of a mixed emotion with a resolve to do better, but a little disappointment that I really do have a lot to work on.
- Up and ready early to the 9 am session of Stake Conference Sunday morning. We went straight to the overflow building instead of attempting to go to the stake center- definitely a smart move.
- Everyone enjoyed a Sunday nap, except me because the cough decided to return. Not exactly the sort of visitor I was hoping to welcome back any time soon. I suppose today I'll need to go to the store since I've almost polished off another bottle of cough syrup. Pat asked me where the other bottles were, but he didn't realize I'd already finished those in his absence last week.
- Monday morning spent scrubbing down my fridge, taking everything out, throwing away stuff, and trying to get rid of the stink. Even after the scrub down, the odor still lingered. Add fresh baking soda to my list of things to get at the store.
- Monday afternoon heading to two different fabric stores to gather more supplies so I can get started on this. As soon as I get some pattern paper and iron my fabric, this party is getting started.
- Monday night visit to Pier 49 where the service has really gone down hill but the pizza is still fairly enjoyable (although I was wishing we had tried the new pizza place in Orem instead) and then family home evening.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Excusing my Absence
I figure I'd better explain my absence from the blogging world for the past few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I have a nasty smell in my kitchen too! But I have a sneaky suspicion that is has something to do with the old lady/smoker who used to live here. How do you get rid of THAT?
It's good to see you posting again!
Dang cough! Sorry it returned!
I hate that mildewy, stinky refridgerater smell. If you figure out how to get rid of it, let me know. I have tried baking soda, and it didn't work as well as I would have liked...
You have been one busy lady! I hope you get some rest and get rid of that cough!
Loved the update -- just take good care of yourself so that cough gets better.
wow, girlie! you've been busy!!!
Holy cow, you get a lot done. I would have felt like I accomplished a lot if I got one thing on your list done!
honestly. you are a GO GETTER christina. wow.
those pesky coughs linger FOREVER. yuckity yuck.
GLad pat made it back safe and sound:)
As for Holly's comment, agreed. I would love to say I had gotten that much done. Or that I had a good excuse for getting nothing done. lol
Wow C, I didn't know you were a quilter! That looks like so much fun! And it makes me want to do something like that SO bad! My sewing machine is calling my name! But it's going to have to wait until I get married I guess...
Similar experience with the fridge thing. My roommate and I can't for the life of us figure out what's making our fridge stink so bad!
Hi Christina! So fun to read about your many adventures... I agree that we need to get together. I had no idea you were so close! When and where?!
Post a Comment