Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Putting off Life

Sadly, I postponed book club. I was hacking up a lung yesterday and decided I shouldn't have a house full of people until the sickies are gone. I can't wait to discuss the book though- I loved it when I read it a few months ago, and I'm excited to review it and talk about it- I think there's tons of material for a great discussion. As I just went back and linked to that post, I saw a comment on it that I missed the first time around- a note from the author of this book I mentioned. How fun is that? Blogging is such a crazy world- love how it connects people from all over the place!

So, the cough is still here, and I've been putting off doing everything I can, but last night I couldn't put off going to the doctor any longer. I sat in the instacare and was so happy to leave with a prescription for cough medicine with codeine. I slept last night, and it was great until Sam woke up at 5:30 because he was coughing. Ugh. Between the night-time meds and the recommended mucinex, I'm starting to feel better, just dang tired, but that could be due in part to my wake up call this morning.

There are some things I can't put off any longer. Pat is out of his whites. I'm tired of stepping on toys, so I really should pick them up. I'm still dealing with gross smelling fridge despite all of my scrubbing, so I think I may need to clean out the freezer to attempt to find the culprit. Time to go see what has to be done, and what I can put off for another day. Hope your week is flying by- tomorrow is Pat's Friday-hooray!

12 comments:

Becky, yep said...

YOU and ME both! It's Dave's Friday too.
I told him all I want is 24 hours in bed! He said...In 5 years!

Pedaling said...

hope youre feeling better and can get that dang laundry under control. i'll have to put that book on my list of must reads! how cool is that in getting a comment from a real live author of a book you highlighted! fun!

Melissa E Photography said...

I am putting off all the things I need to do as well! The weather is way too nice to stay inside doing housework! I'm so glad you're finally feeling better.

Did you get my E-mail?

Hannah said...

I should take a picture of my house in its current condition. Emma told me it looks like a toy store, and I agreed. I think I am going to do some clean up right now.

Suzie said...

get better!

Suzie said...

can you give baby some of that cough medicine?



just kidding

Lupe said...

Wow! Feel better!!

Sharla said...

Oh, your to do list sounds very much like mine--ick! Get better pronto!

kristin said...

You guys have been fighting the sicks for way too long. I hope it ends soon for you. Hang in there!

All8 said...

I sure hope that you're feeling better. I had to break down today and do whites for my DH too. Half of our kiddos have strep throat. Of course it's just something else in the long list of germs that have taken they're honeymoon here. UGH!

tiburon said...

Eeek! I hope you are feeling better. Take it easy this weekend :)

Hayley said...

i'm out of whites too. i need to do dishes & laundry something fierce. and cleaning of bathrooms. yikes.