Friday, February 22, 2008

In my Near Future (aka what my weekend holds)

Tonight we're not trading because Matt and Chrissy have family in town. Tomorrow Baby Bea turns 6! Which is even more strange because she was born just weeks before Pat and I got engaged. I went to the hospital dating her uncle knowing I'd most likely be her aunt. I couldn't be more proud of that gal- she's got a huge heart, a creative mind, and a strong sense of right and wrong. Six is so grown up! Addie will be attending her Lowe's mini-builder birthday party where she will be constructing a squirrel feeder. I can't wait to see her project when she gets home.

But back to tonight. There are huge snowflakes falling right now. We were planning to take the kids to the pool since Addie took her monthly nap today (due to the fact that she's been deciding to get up pre-6 am when Pat gets up -*so* not acceptable), but the snow is making me think the pool looks like no fun. We've promised something fun for tonight, so we'll see what else we can come up with. Maybe a trip to the library. Maybe dinner somewhere fun since I've yet to plan ahead, although I'm thinking a night at home with some soup sounds great to me. It sounds extra great since I keep semi-forgetting that I have to teach Relief Society this Sunday. Joseph Smith lesson 4 on the Book of Mormon- if you have any thoughts for me, please share. This lesson feels really random to me, and I'm having a hard time pulling a cohesive whole out of it.

Addie has another birthday party tomorrow afternoon for a little boy in the ward. They're going to My Gym and I'm sure it will be a blast. We've never done 2 birthday parties in one day, and I'm sure Addie will have serious letdown next week when the parties stop abruptly after she's had a party-filled day!

I ironed all my fabric this afternoon, and I think I've finally purchased everything I need to get started on the quilt. It was while ironing that I remembered the overwhelming need to work on my lesson. That makes crafting much less fun, so I hope to figure out this lesson ASAP and get back to the crafting groove I was just barely starting to get into.

Love a good weekend. Love this Friday afternoon time feeling the possibilities of it all. Hope your weekend is filled with a lot of happy things.

10 comments:

jeremyandleslie said...

Wow, Addie is party woman! Enjoy your weekend and whatever it brings...we were going to go swimming at the Lehi pool as well but I chickened out. I figured it would be way crowded.
Have a good few days!

Unknown said...

sounds like a great weekend!!! enjoy it!

Alison said...

I thought you were teaching on the 3rd Sunday of the month (last week)? We had the lesson on the Atonement last week. Don't you have the teachings for our times lessons on the 4th Sunday? Anyway, good luck with that. I know you will do great b/c you are such a great teacher!

Jan said...

Your upcoming weekend sounds lovely -- and I'm sure your lesson will be wonderful!

Becky, yep said...

I can not wait to see your finished quilt! That picture you link is beautiful! SO...bag the lesson and GET Cuttin'!
priorities, priorities

House of Joy said...

You are one busy lady!!!!!!

I left a comment (or two...) on your post about How are you really?

Hope you have a great weekend.

carey said...

I know they have Red Mango in Utah - just not sure where. SO GOOD! Sounds like a great weekend. Make sure and give us a report afterward. Live it up!!!

Lupe said...

You've got a great and busy weekend! Productivity is always good...so I heard.

Holly O. said...

Sounds like quite the weekend! I can't wait to see your quilt.

Mrs. Walker said...

I hope you have a good weekend!