-We didn't make it to the pool on a few counts- we had to go swim suit shopping because both kiddies had outgrown their suits from last year. By the time we'd wrapped that up, we went to Wendy's to grab a quick bite and ended up in the drive through for over half an hour. It was not good. Sam needed to go to bed by the time we finished eating. Addie settled for coloring, ice cream, and watching part of Little Mermaid. Hopefully we'll hit the pool this Friday when Pat has off.
-Addie had so much fun partying it up Saturday. She fell asleep en route to her party Saturday evening, but luckily woke up from her short shuteye without too much of a nap hangover. After that party, we went to my Mom's and ate sandwiches from Kneader's. Mmm, my nights don't get much better.
-I think Sam is on his way to another ear infection. Which probably means we're on our way to tubes with child #2. At least we've been through it once with child #1, but still, not fun.
-We already got our tax refund! Seriously, less than 2 weeks after they were filed, both state and federal have made their way back into our pockets. Now we need to call and get estimates to fence our backyard so I can enjoy a little less worry in my outdoor time with my kids this summer.
-My lesson went well yesterday. My favorite quote from Joseph Smith in the lesson regarding the Book of Mormon "he who reads it oftenest will like it best." So true. I want to read it oftenest and like it best.
I'm off to try to reclaim my house after the weekend (it's amazing how it can go from clean to chaos in such a short time) and call the ped to see when I can bring Sam in. I also need to go buy The Book Thief so I can review it again before book club tomorrow night at my house. My memory is stellar these days. Monday, Monday.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
oh my gosh - you'll love the book thief. one of my all time favorite books!!! i'm not sure where you live, but if its west jordan - and its easier than going to the bookstore - i have a copy & would loan it to you. but i wouldn't be able to get it to you til this afternoon!
That is a great quote. I think I should read the Book of Mormon a little more often.
Poor little baby! I have never had to deal with ear infections with my kids, but I had one when I was little and they are horrible!
I can't believe you already have your tax return back! I haven't even filed. (I am on protest cause the refund isn't as much as I expected...so it has been sitting fininshed, ready to send, for the past month.)
I need to get my tax stuff to the accountant! Thanks for the reminder. And so sorry to read about little Sam. Those ear infections are no fun!!
Sounds like you had a very satisfying weekend!
Now Addie has me hankering for some ice cream! Hope Sam is feeling well, ear infections are the worse! Enjoy that tax refund!
lucky little duck, getting your refund already!
ear infections STINK. libby has tubes too. they make SUCH a huge difference though!
GREAT bom quote:)
I love that quote. It fits with our FHE lesson last night. I'll need to tell it to DH.
LOVE that quote. Your blog is so inspiring- I love reading:) AND, I'm looking for a good book, so let me know how you like it!
Post a Comment