I know, I know- it's only Wednesday! You're thinking I'm such a tease, but just wait for it. With Pat's new 9-80 schedule, he has every other Friday off, so tomorrow is his Friday. :) I am ecstatic about it, although he came home feeling a little under the weather today, but he'd better buck up soon because I've already planned almost every minute of our long weekend! Our first fun-filled Friday off includes a trip to the car dealership for scheduled maintenance, a meeting with our tax man who will hopefully have great news for us, a trip to the pool in the afternoon for some family bonding, start packing Pat's bags for his upcoming trip, and our turn to watch the niece and nephew that night. Saturday morning we'll attend worldwide training, I'll do the visiting teaching report, and then we're off to Park City for the rest of the day to visit my aunt and uncle from Florida. I'm excited because this year my cousin is coming with his girlfriend, and we haven't seen each other since we were about 10 when my mom got in a fight with her sister at our Thanksgiving bash because she thought I should be allowed to wear make-up and my mom did not agree. Families can just be so crazy, you have to love them. They've made up since then, and my aunt has started coming to Park City annually (I think this is the 4th year?) to enjoy some snow and visit her Utah relatives. Hopefully the reunion with the cousin will not be too awkward.
Sunday morning Pat will be leaving for a week in New Jersey. Half of the team that he's on for his new job is there, and he needs to go meet them. Expect lots of crazy single-mom posts next week, because I can guarantee they'll be coming. But hopefully there will be some posts in between all of the fun the next few days. I do have to make it through Thursday first, you know.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hooray for long weekends! way to take advantage of it. have fun!
Sounds like a great weekend -- have a wonderful time with your family.
My hubby used to have a 9-80 schedule and I LOVED IT! I was so bummed when he changed jobs and lost the every other friday off. Have a blast :)
Post a Comment