Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Long Weekend...

Well, the long weekend really did kind of feel like a looong weekend. Let me see if I can remember what seemed to have kept us so busy!
Friday night Pat and I went to McGrath's. Unlike Lupe, we both like fish, but also unlike Lupe I think we were both disappointed when we tried new things. I was kind of glad to be done. Then we went to Costco to get a few needed items (tell me, who can live a day without raw tortillas?), and stopped by the video store to rent a few selections. We dropped off our stuff at home and went to pick up the kids. We brainstormed with my BIL and SIL for a while about a family trip next summer. My MIL is trying to convince us to go to an extended family reunion with all of her large (in number, not so much in size), Italian, Catholic family on the East coast. She brought this up after we had alright talked about going on a family trip for their 40th anniversary next summer. She's kind of funny in the fact that she'd rather spend time with her siblings then her kids and grandkids. When we go on the big outings to New York to visit her fam, we always feel a little awkward and unwelcome, so I'd just as soon spend time on a vacation with people who I like and can be myself around. Possible destinations discussed included Virginia, California, or Georgia. We want somewhere with a beach, as well as somewhere with a variety of activities for multiple age groups. We're hoping the vacation can appeal to the grandparents in their late 60s as well as our will-be 6, 3, and 1 year olds. So, if you have any suggestions, post away!
Saturday was low key around our house. I was busy working on stuff for Sunday. Pat mowed the lawn. We were sitting outside together, and one of his ex-coworkers drove by and stopped to stay hi. He brought us up to date on things happening at the former place of employment, and made us even happier we're not still there. :)
Sunday my lesson went ok, although not as great as I was hoping for. I felt really good about what I was teaching, but when 2/3 of the room is probably over 60, they just kind of looked at me like "we'll never be a part of Zion, so don't waste your breath." I received some good feedback from sisters telling me they enjoyed it, but I couldn't really tell that anyone was enjoying it while I was giving it! The 3 or 4 sleeping 80 year old sisters didn't help much. Yes, I understand that they sleep in every meeting, but I guess I thought if I was interesting enough, they'd be able to stay awake.
After we got home from church, the crud that Addie and Pat had set in with full force. I was a chilled feverish mess through last night. I've felt barfy, had a sore throat, really weak, and had violent shakes Sunday night. I'm not feeling 100% this morning, but so much better than I have! The last couple days were comprised of me doing the bare minimum as a mom, and Pat having his patience worn a little bit thin from being more on duty than usual. But he did a great job. Sunday I was sleeping and woke up around 5:30, and he was already making pancakes for dinner. You have to understand that he really doesn't cook, so I was quite impressed.
Today we get to play the waiting game again to see when the company will call with an offer. I hope it doesn't take all day! Happy Tuesday.

6 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh, MAN! I'm sorry you got Hannah's plague. That stinks! Doesn't teaching make you realize how you should act when someone is teaching? Sometimes I go a little too far with the head nodding and eye contact but at least the teacher knows I'm listening!

I second the beach idea. Who doesn't like a great beach?

Mrs. Walker said...

Ugh. Sicky sicky! That's so not fun!

I would love to go somewhere on a trip! Oh man. My IL's have teased us with a cruise this Christmas...but I think it's out. :( Dang it! I'm jealous!

Lupe said...

Ugh! I hope you're feeling better! Sorry about your fish experience. I vote for the beach, but CA beaches aren't ideal for swimming (in my opinion). I enjoy Florida beaches. ;0)

kristin said...

hope you are feeling better today. being sick is the pits.

I think that the northwest coast is a great family trip - rent a beach house, look for shells, shop in the little tourist spots, tour cool things like lighthouses, eat seafood... Of course, you can get that in the NE too - which is SO fun to go to!

Hawaii may be the best option for you...that's it. I'm voting for Hawaii. :D

Sharla said...

Hey, hope you're feeling better!

Loving the idea of an Owen/Addie union-- maybe we should just go old school and do the arranged marriage thing. :)

Oh, and I'm thinking that those 80 year old sisters weren't sleeping-- they were concentrating really hard on your lesson.

I'm loving Kristin's coastal retreat idea! Might have to steal that one for myself...

tara said...

ahhhh...coastal retreat sounds lovely! Do it! I hope you are feeling better by now.
I'll bet you lesson was super. Never you mind the old bats asleep. It's certainly NOT a reflection on your teaching:)