Lest any of you believe that Sam has some sort of virus causing the barfing, fear not. I've been dealing with this with him from day 1. He is the king o' reflux. He went on prevacid, only to barf it all up so we had purple burp clothes instead of just milky one. The ped said he'll eventually outgrow the problem, and I know he will, so we've just lived with it. I'm definitely looking forward to a good carpet cleaning when this phase is done, but it's livable. The days I don't deal well are when I'm already grumpy and then changing my clothes for the 4th time. I'm a mom who enjoys buying clothes for her kids, do you really think I have that many clothes? Especially with the yo-yoing between sizes, I've got 1 to 2 pairs of pants that fit well, so when he barfs on them, I get a little testy. So to sum it up, he's fine, it's just his reflux, but I wasn't handling my barfer boy too well yesterday.
I have to say today has been a better day. Last night I took Addie to the library and returned the book club in a bag that we used for last month's book group, and we checked out some other books. I checked out the Book Thief that has been recommended to me from numerous sources including Sharla, so I can't wait to dig in and read. I've been having to spend a little extra time catching up some Book of Mormon reading, so my "pleasure" (not that the BoM isn't full of pleasure, but you know what I mean) reading has had to wait. But, I do think the extra amounts of Book of Mormon reading I've done the last 2 days have also helped to brighten my mood.
The other thing that has helped the old mood-meter go up is the support of the people around me. It's crazy sometimes to realize how much we truly need each other, and how Heavenly Father uses us to answer the prayers of those around us. I had a great conversation with my SIL yesterday. I had some nice e-mail/PM's/blog comments this morning (that really mean more to me than you might think). I had a great conversation this morning with probably my best friend at this stage of my life (who's husband just got a job in the last month after a 7 1/2 month bout of unemployment). It's crazy to realize sometimes how much I need people! Right now I'm more at a stage where I'm blessed with not a great quantity of friends, but some good quality friends, and although it's a shift from what I've had in past stages of life, I'm adjusting and realizing how blessed I am to have some really choice people in my life. So, blog friends, thanks for being some of those choice people. It's so nice to realize at this stage of my life that although I need to be kind to everyone, I can choose who I want to be friends with and surround myself with people who are best for me. What a new way to live as opposed to the jr. high soap opera way, reminiscent of the officer's wives' club that Lupe blogged about. I sure have some quality people in my life, and I limit contact with those who aren't, and I'm ok with that.
Sam is telling me he's done eating cheerios while I blog, so I best be off. The week is half over- hope you're gearing up for a great weekend!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Your poor boy! I know how that is...my mom calls my kids "human fountains" cause they spit up so dang much. If it is warm outside...I just do diapers only cause it isn't worth ruining their clothes. ugg. I feel for you!
I am glad you have such a good support group during this hard time. I hate waiting to know what will happen next. I think as women, we are natural planners...and when we come to a limbo moment in our lives it seems almost unbearable.
I hope you find out about the job...or another job...soon!
If you want to get out, I am always ready to do something!! :)
Christina, there are many reasons that you're awesome, but let's focus on this one: I love that you're so dang good about turning a frown upsidedown. If you could bottle that, you'd make a mint. Christina's Liquid Sunshine, for just three low monthly payments of $19.95!
Hope you enjoy The Book Theif-- oh, and thanks a lot for making me feel guilty for my less than stellar BoM reading... I guess I'd better get crackin'. :)
Umm, that should be The Book Thief. No wonder I lost the spelling bee! ;)
The longer I live, the more I realize how important the friends are -- whether they are friends with you in person, on the phone, or even ones in cyber-space that you will never meet. I'm so glad you are feeling loved and supported -- because you are. You're awesome. You really are.
seriously, if I lived near you I'd show up at your door right now with a carmel apple and a huge hug. You are amazingly positive with all of the outside stress in your life right now. Keep pluggin' away...I'm sure thinking about you:)
oh, and I agree. Good friends can't be beat. I'm grateful for that too.
I love your spirit! You are so noble and faithful..
Amen to what everyone has said about you...
I agree with Tara... along with her candy apple I would throw in a pot roast and an evening of free babysitting to give you and your sweet hubby a night off..
You will have to check out All8gardens' blog...she has a great quote on it.
You are in my thoughts and prayers..
that was such an uplifting post! Thanks so much for being so honest and sincere and just all around good!
my prayers are with you and your family - I know that things will work out soon. :D
Huge hugs from Northern Utah!
HUGS Christina! That's a great outlook about surrounding yourself with choice friends. It's something I've tried teaching the YW when I was Pres. Perhaps I needed you to teach them that lesson? LOL!
I have learned, from becoming a mother, that I need other people as well. I need other women to talk to, to chatter with, and to just plain relax with. Before I got prego I pretty much kept to myself and didn't have any exterior friends other than my hubby, but once he gets sick of me asking for the zillionth time if he think Locke is doing something "normal", I felt i needed to get some other people to talk to.
I really hope things start looking up soon! Locke is an urper too...he will even urp up baby food. Today he urped up all over himself. Dang. I really hope they grow up soon!
Post a Comment