Monday, September 24, 2007

Having company, Logan, and other random happenings...

Thursday morning Pat picked up Amy bright and early, and our fun began. We had a low key morning because she'd just worked 3 twelves (she's an OR nurse), and it was fun just to catch up and hang out. That afternoon we took the kids and headed to IKEA. What fun we had! I bought 2 of these for my family room, and I'm loving the look, I must say. Now I need to add some other fun throw pillows.
I also bought this for Addie which is proving to be unlimited fun!
My other finds included a picture frame and a few storage containers. I thought I used a lot of restraint, and when things are a little more stable around here, I found a great coffee table that I'm hoping to go back for. Can I tell you how much I love having IKEA 10 minutes away? I can't wait for Addie to be totally potty-trained so she can go to the play land and I can enjoy some quiet shopping (or as quiet as can be had with my little boy who's becoming more and more active). That night we had pork tacos for dinner, as you're all aware, one of my favorites. It didn't disappoint! I think we ended up calling it a night fairly early and not doing anything too exciting. Addie loved Amy. She brought her some Hello Kitty hand soap (sparkles included, of course), and some My Little Pony Panties, for her potty training needs, and Addie thought it was awesome. Amy was so sweet to play with her tons, and they had a great time. Thursday morning we went on a walk/run. Amy's quite the athlete, so it was good to push myself to keep up. It also made me realize I have a lot of work to do! We then went to lunch at Kneaders, as mentioned in my previous post. We came home and let the kids nap, and had great plans for an evening out shopping and playing, but Pat. never. came. home. I was less than amused that he was at his contract job until 3 am. I guess everything ended up breaking, and he did a lot of work to get things fixed, but it put a real damper on our plans. Saturday we got up and drove to Logan. We picnicked with my other high school friend Amber and her boyfriend, then drove through Logan canyon to admire the changing leaves. It was so fun!
And yes, that bottom pic includes my big debut! For those blogging buddies who've never met me, let me introduce myself :) Left to right above is me in pink, Amy, and then Amber. So back to the travelogue. Amy's husband hit a piece of tire on his drive to Logan for a shooting match. Saturday after the match his car wouldn't start, so our evening was spent trying to help them get their car troubles dealt with. After much ado, we went to a place called Firehouse for dinner of pizza and pasta, and then we drove back home. It was a long, but fun day. Sunday we all woke up sick, and didn't make it to church. I hate not starting my week out right, and missing church does it every time. I have more to post about, but Sam is done with me blogging right now. I'm out!

5 comments:

kristin said...

sounds like a great weekend! I can't believe how late your hubby had to work. Yuck!

Love the fall pics, and you are so dang cute!

Jan said...

I hate it when Mark is at work till all hours of the night -- and there isn't a thing he can do about it. I really hate it. And by the way - -you are totally adorable! Loved the pics!

Hannah said...

That looks like so much fun! I need to get together with some of my old high school friends. You have inspired me.

Sharla said...

Hooray for your debut picture-- you're so cute! Looks like you're having a fab time-- and I so appreciate you stopping in to amuse me. ;)

Lupe said...

So cute! You had such a great time with great friends..minus hubby working late. Bummer!!