Friday, September 14, 2007

Listen to the still small voice, lis-ten, lis-ten...

That's the current name of the game at our house. Yesterday I went to the temple in the morning which was so nice. My SIL have started trading during the day every week, so aside from our Friday night date trading, we trade during the day weekly so the other one can go to the temple. I did initiatory so it would be a shorter time away from Sam, but it's always so nice to be in the temple! I had quite a wait, so a nice window of time to catch up some more BoM reading.
But, enough sidetracking, back to my post title. Last night Pat came home from his contract job with news that the company he's contracting for offered him a job again (they had offered him a position in May that we turned down)- this time it's a different position, and they've sweetened the deal monetarily quite a bit. I know this is a good thing, but we're also kind of frustrated on several fronts. I really feel that the other job is the better fit, but we're still playing the waiting game with them. Pat is going to e-mail them Monday to let them know about his other offer and see if we can get any firm answers out of them. There are some things that I've felt uncomfortable about with this other company. So, I'm trying to have an open mind to this position, but I'm also holding out hope for things with the other job. I'm willing to have the faith to wait for the other job if that's what we're supposed to do, it's just a matter of figuring out the Father's will for us right now.
We don't have major weekend plans. Tonight it's our turn to watch the niece and nephew for the BIL and SIL to go out. I really need to do a Costco trip today. I'm hoping to do some major house cleaning, because my best friend from high school is coming to visit next week. I'm so excited for her trip! She flies in early Thursday morning, and then on Saturday we'll drive to Logan to hang out with one of our other friends, and she'll meet up with her husband who will be in Logan for a shooting match. The state fair, one of my favorite outings, is currently going on, so we may venture up there. We have stake conference this weekend, so that will be our Saturday night and Sunday morning. I suppose that's all the latest. Go get your weekend parties started!

6 comments:

Jan said...

I'm so glad you got to go to the temple. It doesn't change any of the problems - but it certainly soothes your soul. I really feel that this experience is building you into the palace you are destined to be -- it's hard, but the Lord knows what He is doing. Do you know that C.S. Lewis quote? If not, let me know and I"ll email it to you.

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh, Christina I need to go to the temple so bad! That is so awesome that you can trade with someone and go. How cool! Good luck in the big decisions ahead of you. I hope you can feel peace! You've had a roller coaster of a month, little lady!

kristin said...

I love going to the temple and feeling that peace and clarity of mind.

Maybe since this other job offered a position, it is the Lord's way of sending a kick in the pants to the company that is taking FOREVER. Now they will know that they need to get in gear and get things worked out.

Good luck, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh - and have fun in Logan! The weather is so beautiful up here right now! I love it here in the fall time.

Lupe said...

How great to have a chance to go to the Temple so often. :)

Wow, another job offer? That can complicate things a bit. I hope you and Pat will find comfort as to which is the right path for your family.

Mrs. Walker said...

I always love being able to go to the temple. It makes everything more in perspective.

Sharla said...

Christina-- your trade arrangement sounds so great! And I love that you use it for temple time-- which brings so much more peace than all the little "busy" things we often fill up our time with.

It must feel crazy to be so up in the air right now-- but I'm sure your family will be so blessed for seeking inspiration in making your choices.

Oh, and I took years of French-- but now I'm out of practice, and basically know just enough to be dangereux. But at least I reached my goal of being like those ladies in old-timey novels who pepper their conversations with French phrases. ;) Man, do I have a lot of pointless goals!