Addie was perusing my Pottery Barn Kids catalog when she came across this little number. Did she shriek in fear? Did she cower behind me? No. Instead, she said "Mom, I love that! Want to be that." I politely informed her that we can't be scary costumes, we have to pick a nice and fun costume. The Grim Reaper is not nice or fun. She tried again. "Sam be that? Or mom or dad be that?" Maybe I'd give in and someone else could be the Grim Reaper if I wouldn't let her wear the coveted costume. No, pumpkin, no (can you name that movie?). We'll pick a nice fun costume. Besides, I can't have my own kid scaring me on Halloween.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Addie Reaper
Addie was perusing my Pottery Barn Kids catalog when she came across this little number. Did she shriek in fear? Did she cower behind me? No. Instead, she said "Mom, I love that! Want to be that." I politely informed her that we can't be scary costumes, we have to pick a nice and fun costume. The Grim Reaper is not nice or fun. She tried again. "Sam be that? Or mom or dad be that?" Maybe I'd give in and someone else could be the Grim Reaper if I wouldn't let her wear the coveted costume. No, pumpkin, no (can you name that movie?). We'll pick a nice fun costume. Besides, I can't have my own kid scaring me on Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm with you -- for me, Halloween has to be FUN. Not grim. And she's too little to be the grim reaper anyhow! Good call, Mom!
Haha! Too funny! I like the cute costumes too!
HAHA! What a funny girl! I'm glad you had such a good time with your friend in town. Handing out presents to your kids?? She sounds like a great friend!
How funny is Addie?!! I'm a grown adult, and I'm afraid of that costume :)
Post a Comment