Sunday, September 30, 2007
Fashion Police Come in Small Packages
Today I came home from church and was cold. I needed to change out of my dress, but wasn't sure what to put on. It was a good cozy sweater fall kind of day, so I went through my closet and found a good cozy sweater. It was purchased when I was, rough ballpark, 14. It's a red cardigan with big white buttons. I was pretty hot in this number in 8th or 9th grade. Fast forward to today, and apparently, I was not so hot. I came into the family room from changing, and Addie looked at me and said "Mom, take your sweater off." I explained that I was cold and wanted to wear it, only to hear no less than 20 more times that I needed to take my sweater off. I told Addie if she brought me a blanket I'd take it off, but she wasn't concerned about my physical comfort, only the sheer fashion nightmare I was sporting. I have realized more than ever lately that my wardrobe is in need of an overhaul. The fact that I still own clothing from 8th or 9th grade should be the first clue. I've already informed Pat that when he gets a job, I'm doing a little shopping. I just received an extra reminder today of the urgency of the shopping. Maybe I'll have to bring my best miniature critic on my shopping ventures. If she's already this picky, heaven help me when she's a teenager.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Kids are so funny and they start younger and younger to notice Mom and what she's wearing. How funny to have a tiny fashion critic in your home!
we totally need a pic of you in said sweater. Let us be the judges of if you can still wear it or not!
I am sure there are many of us who have clothes that are at least 10 years old, but we love them! (I am so guilty of this!)
that is freakin' hilarious!!! i love it. soon she'll tell you "you're embarassing me!" like maya tells me all the time!
Post a Comment