Just when I thought things were on the up and up, we took a little dip again. Pat called the company this morning to see what the status of the job was, and the HR girl informed him that she can't get a confirmation from anyone in the company on what's happening with the position, but it might be frozen until October 1. I guess a lot of stuff is happening 4th quarter, so they're thinking they might not hire until then. Honestly, I could be ok with that, as long as they just make the offer and put the start date as October 1st, but it's this not- knowing in-between stage that is doing me in. Sometimes faith is just so dang hard. I'm really grateful for this contract work though that will get us through. It would actually be great if Pat could just do that the rest of the month and then start the other job, because he makes more contracting in 2 weeks what he made in a month at his old job. So, we're still waiting.
Sam keeps barfing all over me. I actually did my hair and got ready today, and then he spit up all over my pants, so I changed my pants only to have him then spit up all over my shirt. I don't know why I try some days! He's always had reflux issues which medicine doesn't help, but some days are still just really bad. Being barfed on sure doesn't do much for my mood :)
I had high hopes of getting out and running errands, but I'm just feeling so blah right now. I'm hoping both of my kiddos will take a nap at the same time again today so maybe I can take a nap or have some quiet time of my own to try to calm the dull roar inside. I'll be sure to update with any other news. This just plain stinks right now. I guess I need to remember Elder Holland- there's never been anything so bad that complaining didn't make it worse, or something along those lines. Ok, enough complaining, maybe I'll just try sulking ;)
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Man! You guys can't seem to catch a break. Unemployment is rough enough, but barfing kids just stinks!
Holy cow! They could have at least called and told you that last week! So sorry!
I hope you were able to get a nap today!
Dang! I know the barfing thing. Locke will barf up actual solid foods his reflux is so bad.
I live for quiet time most days....too bad it's only an hour long!
Melisa-
How did you know Sam's spit-ups were laced with sweet potatoes? Mmm, delish! Yes, he's the reflux king- I long for the day when we won't need to carry a burp cloth 24/7.
Thanks girls for your encouraging words. I just had a nice vent/chat with my SIL for a while. Both kids are sleeping. I think I'll be ok :)
Hey, this is interesting as I've been reading your blog quietly for awhile. Loved your comment on mine -- thank you! I loved your comment on faith -- it's so not easy, is it? I'm not good at faith yet, that's for sure. Hang in there. I know that Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. (sometimes it feels that way!)
Jan- Glad you didn't think I was a crazy! Can I add you to my list of friends?
Things have to look up and soon. Your faith is so inspiring with HR not calling and your poor Sam. Ugh! Hang in there!
I'd love to be added to your friends -- can I put you on mine too? I love reading your thoughts!
Go for it, Jan! I'm adding you :)
What a rough go of it right now. I hope that the barfing stops and that the work starts SOON!
Post a Comment