So, since I've entered the blog world, I've seen pieces of my blog showing up all over the place. One blogger took my same pages but reversed my banner and background and added a little splash of solid in the banner, another did my same background/banner combo, but also added some solid in the banner to add their own touch, and then went private so I couldn't see my same layout. Am I perturbed? No, I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? I've seen posts with some of the same titles as my own. I guess when you're trying to be yourself, you find out that there are others who are just like you :) I'm glad I can help beautify the bloggin' world in my own quiet way. If you have a hankerin' to copy, feel free to give me a little shout-out. It's nice to get a little recognition for being so inspirational instead of just stumbling upon it. :) Maybe I'll make a change to my blog soon, but there's no guaranteeing I won't see it again even after a change, so maybe not.
In other news, Pat got a call Friday from the company we're hoping to end up with. We're really feeling the desire to be patient with them, hiring freeze or not, and I think he's going to turn down the other job. Some (like my sweet and supportive mother) think we're crazy for turning down a job when we don't have a job, but he's still contracting, and we have faith things will work out.
This morning both of my kids woke up with runny noses. I think this was a gift from their cousin who they regularly spend time with. We're always encouraging them to share, it's just a bummer when they share SO much :) It's been a long week, and it's only Tuesday. I've got serious cleaning/organizing to do before my friend comes to visit Thursday, but right now I'm busy watching the niece and nephew. My niece who just started kindergarten just informed me she wants to be a bus driver when she grows up. When I asked if she wanted to drive buses for kids or for grown-ups, she explained she wanted to drive the little buses for kids with wheel chairs. I tried to stifle my giggle at the ambitions of my short-bus driving niece- her heart is in a good place, but what a funny way to get there.
I suppose that's enough random thoughts for now. I've been inspirational enough for one day, wouldn't you say? ;)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You are the Coco Chanel of blog patterns, a true trendsetter. I'm toying with the idea of changing the look of my blogs. I'll be sure to give you a shout out if I Sharlasteal your creativity-ness. :)
Fingers crossed and arms folded that Pat's job will work out.
Hey, how cool to be someone's inspiration! You are totally creative and I love reading your thoughts. So FYI, you're an inspiration to me, too!
OK, this just illustrates your Pollyanna attitude-- you're flattered to be an inspiration, while I just accuse people of stealing.;)
You do have a lovely blog-- at least the copycats (theives) have good taste!
Sending good job thoughts your way-- sounds like you guys are on the right track.
you ARE an inspiration!
Prayers are going up here that things will work out and you will know soon about jobs.
The short bus aspirations are great! I love kids and their dreams!
How does it feel to be a trendsetter Christina? A blog icon? I call people names for stealing while you take is as a compliment. You are a nice person:)
truly
Did you design your background??? It is totally cute!!
You ARE an inspiration!
Someone's been gleeping your ideas? You have a fantastic attitude about it. I would probably leave a sarcastic comment for them about how "creative" their blog is. Way to be a trend setter! Good luck preparing for your boyfriend...er.. I mean best friend!
Post a Comment