Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A little clarification, and she's got my back

Before moving on to the rest of my post, let me give credit where credit is due. I found the papers I've used on my blog on Shabby Princess. I've definitely never designed myself, although maybe someday :) However, I waded through the html (source code) myself to make it work, and was quite impressed with my geek-girl skills. So no, I'm not too impressive, but did find my cute paper combos that I seem to see popping up everywhere.

On to the rest of my post. Yesterday was quite the craptastic day in our family. Good thing I posted earlier in the day before it peaked in bad-ness. Addie was probably the most disobedient she has ever been. When she misbehaves we usually take away a toy, and by the end of the day I was almost out of toys to take! No amount of toys taken, personal time-outs, distractions, or other discipline tricks could induce obedience. Finally around 5:00 when I was reduced to tears of frustration, Addie decided it was time to give me her most sincere apologies. "I'm very very sorry, mom. You're a good mommy. I love you very much. I'm sorry we're having a hard day." And on and on it went until I felt slightly better, but was still completely exhausted after a long day. I think I mentioned that I was also watching the niece and nephew for about 3 hours in the afternoon, which resulted in no nap for Addie. I think I also mentioned that both of my kids had runny noses and were fairly irritable. Sam's sleeping during the day became less than desirable with 2 30-minute quiet times- I don't think he really slept all day! Luckily he went to bed early last night and slept through. Around 5:15 I called Pat and said he'd better be on his way, because I was done for the day. He said he'd also had a bad day and would be home shortly. After I hung up with him, my SIL Chrissy called, and I totally broke down. She said I'd seemed a little out of it when she'd picked up her kids, and I let her know I just wasn't dealing well yesterday. She suggested we go have a little girl time which I was soooo desperately needing. She picked me up at 7 and we went to Los Hermanos and feasted on chips and salsa, taquitos and tacos, and fried ice cream. It was so nice to get out of the house and have a break from it all. We have such great conversation. I have to say I'm blessed with the best SIL ever. I feel sorry for when my brothers get married, because I don't think any one will measure up to the high bar set by Chrissy in the SIL department.

Before I left for my night on the town, Pat got home and informed me about his equally bad day. The guy who offered him the job last week called him into his office yesterday to chat. Pat had just given them his invoice for his last week of contracting so it wouldn't all pile up until the end. The guy (H) informed him that he about fell off his chair when he got the invoice. Apparently H was under the impression that Pat was just coming in to help out, and didn't know he was there contracting. The guy who asked Pat to come over only talked to one team leader, but evidently didn't go to upper management to get things approved for Pat to be contracting. Pat was so ticked to say the least. They're not going to stiff him, but there was some serious miscommunication happening. It definitely confirmed to us that we've made the right decision to refuse their offer. So, Pat e-mailed H last night to let him know that he would only continue to contract under his direct supervision to make sure things were approved, and also to let him know he wouldn't be accepting the full-time position but would continue to contract if they wanted his help. We were surprised when H e-mailed Pat this morning to let him know he wanted him to keep contracting, at least through the end of this week. Hopefully we'll hear from the desired company by then to have more to go on.

Today I watched my nephew again this morning while niece was at kindergarten so Chrissy could go to the temple. It's their stake temple week, so she's really working hard to make it to the temple a lot this week. Anyway, when she picked him up, she asked if Addie could come play too. It was great! I had a little over 3 hours without her to get stuff done and only have Sam to worry about. He slept half the time, so it was even better! I went through both of the kids' closets and drawers and took out all the too small/out of season clothes. I swept and swiffered my kitchen floor. I did a few loads of laundry. I cleaned the guest bathroom. I got an amazing amount done, and it felt so good!

All I have to say is, Chrissy's got my back. Between the much needed night out last night, and the mini-break from Addie today, I am feeling so blessed. Now, I'd better go get more done before my bf (yes, as in best friend, not boyfriend, Mel) from high school arrives at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I probably won't be around much the next few days, but if we get good job news, I'll be sure to post!

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a gift a good sister-in-law and friend is. I'm so glad she's there with you and for you -- I'm sending up lots of prayers that this job situation will be resolved and things can get back more to normal. You deserve that!

Melissa E Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tara said...

jan is absolutely right...lots of prayers are coming your way in hopes of things returning to NORMAL. What a sweet, awesome SIL you have. You are lucky, and she's lucky to have YOU for a friend as well:)
Have a KILLER TIME with you friend. Eat, laugh, leg wrestle...what ever floats your boat!

Mrs. Walker said...

Hey! I'm that awesome sister in law! lol. I was the first to marry into DH's family, so I'm basically the standard. :D Okay, I'm kidding. I'm not that arrogant. But what an awesome thing! I didn't realize how great breaks were until I had to have them myself!

Lupe said...

Many of mommies out there experience the same melt down. No worries! Your sweet SIL! How fabulous is she?