My friend Bonnie tagged me-be prepared for more of a timeline than you ever bargained for!
20 year ago...
I was 6. We lived next door to my grandparents in Pennsylvania. I had just finished kindergarten and loved every minute of being in school. Beyond that, I don't have a lot of huge memories of age 6. Maybe I should see if I was keeping a journal then as I journal-ed off and on throughout my childhood.
10 years ago...
I was 16 and loving life! I was in summer school P.E. and at the peak of my love for running. I got up to regular runs of 6 to 7 miles around this point and was in really good shape. I was going on dates and having so much fun. I was laying by the pool with my bf Amy. I was babysitting and I think this summer was when I worked to fill in at a sno-cone shack- one of the most miserable jobs I've ever had.
5 years ago...
I was deep in the throes of spring and summer terms at BYU, taking max credits, finishing up a correspondence course, working as a TA plus at the MTC plus doing some secretarial work for the company Pat was working for at the time, and rapidly approaching my one year anniversary. Life was extremely busy but blissful. I was writing my senior thesis on Mississippi Freedom Schools and immensely enjoying the research and the writing.
3 years ago...
I had just quit teaching and was enjoying the summer. Addie was 6 months old and we were totally obsessed with house hunting. We had found a builder we loved and were in the process of trying to find a lot, when an underhanded real estate agent didn't accept our bid for the lot correctly and we were so heartbroken. We spent a lot of time going on drives looking at neighborhoods and land and deciding where to settle to raise our family. A few months later we found this house already under construction and snatched it up, and the rest is history!
1 year ago...
I was enjoying life with two kids. Sam was about 5 months and busy being a great and happy baby, Addie was still adjusting to having a brother, but was otherwise sweet and pleasant. Pat was unhappy in his job and entertaining a few other offers around this time. We had also recently returned from a trip to Boise and McCall for my friend Amy's wedding.
So far this year...
Pat started a new job the end of January which has been a huge blessing. Pat was called to serve in the Elders Quorom Presidency at church, and I was called to serve in the Relief Society Presidency. I've begun my first quilt which is still a work in progress and planted my first garden. I've enjoyed some good times with great friends!
Yesterday I...
had a semi-lazy day. We stayed home, and I spent a lot of time looking at vacation rentals for a potential upcoming weekend in Park City. Addie and I made a batch of freezer jam and took a much needed nap. We had hamburgers for dinner with potato salad, baked beans, and watermelon- yum! We had Family Home Evening. Chrissy stopped by to drop off a pair of haircutting scissors her friend picked up for me at the beauty supply.
Today I...
took a walk this morning, took a shower and got ready, and went to the library. I'm hoping to do some cleaning and laundry this afternoon, maybe sneak a little nap or start reading my new library books, make dinner, and I have presidency meeting tonight.
Tomorrow I...
will take the kids to playgroup at the park, and hopefully run some errands to the grocery store and the bank. In the evening we're going to hang out with Pat's best friends from high school and their families. I need to make some cookies to take with us at some point in the afternoon.
In the next year I....
will send Addie off to pre-school! Finish my quilt. Can/freeze/eat the bountiful harvest from my garden. Work on being a better mom and spend more time really engaged with my kids. Will most likely get braces. Will hopefully lose the rest of the weight I need to so we can think about getting pregnant. Will reign in our budget to increase our savings. Will improve my scripture study. Will enjoy the moment.
Feel free to play along. :)
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fun to read! It is fun to read where everyone thinks they will be in the future.
Emma tagged Addie on our family blog, fyi.
I'm so glad you did this!! I learned more about you!!
Post a Comment