Pat and I got together during the beginning of the name combos for couples. My college nickname among my roommates was "C", so Pat-C it was, which sounded like Patsy, which is what they all swore we needed to name Addie. But I digress.
Pat and I met in August of 2001. We actually met for the first time when I'd gone with my roommates to visit a houseful of boys, and Pat happened to be there home-teaching them. He ended up giving another roommate and I a ride home that night, but there was no interest at this point, although I thought he was nice. Over the next couple of months, we became friends. He was actually really close with an apartment of girls upstairs from me, but sneaky as I thought I was, I'd watch for his car in the parking lot and happen to be outside when he was leaving their apartment which would turn into hour(s)-long conversations. There was a lot of upheaval in my life during this time with my parents separating right after I went back to Provo, but I remember him being so non-judgmental and understanding. I felt like I was getting a black mark put on myself as my parents separated- people don't picture marrying into an "imperfect" family. As we entered into the relationship stage, he never made me feel like my family was inferior for the problems that were going on, and he's still my rock when family troubles occur. Stay tuned for details of our first date...
But now that our anniversary is over, I can give a huge thanks to Leslie over at A Room Somewhere and flower chain. Both of these blogs are on my must-read list, probably because Leslie is incredibly sweet and generous and fashionable and fun. A few months back, Leslie posted about her sand collection and offered some of the extra sand she'd collected, and I jumped at the chance to get some Puerto Rico sand. Pat served his mission in Puerto Rico, so for our anniversary this year I gave him his own little "piece" of it that we can now display in our home.
Thanks again, Leslie. Pat loved it and gave me a surprised laugh with "how did you pull this one off?" and was shocked once again at the discoveries I make blogging.
I hope you'll come back for more of our story, and also remember to enter my blog-iversary giveaway!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I love reading your "story." I should do this too before I start forgetting things--great idea to save it for posterity. I love how your not ashamed to admit that you were a "Pat-stalker" in the past:)!!
Excuse me, I meant "you're" instead of "your" on second "your" of previous comment....I hate that comments can't be edited!! RRRR!
I love the stalking Pat part. He must've thought you were one messy chick if you were emptying the garbage every time he was going home. :)
no no miss, he must of thought she was one heck of a housekeeper:)
I lOVE reading about your "history" with pat. keep the life story stuff coming:) I myself was not above "placing" myself at the right place at the right time. you know, library, laundry room, WATHEVER it takes, right?:)
I enjoy a little stalking too. Nothing wrong with that!
That is cute. I like the idea. Someday....
I love that you stalked him. I played that game too and I must say, it totally pays off, men love to be stalked:) Congrats on your anniversary- and your blog-aversary... very happy you do this as I LOVE to read about you and your family.
Christina! I knew we were meant to be friends! Ever since I first met you I have had to fight the urge to call you "C"! Seriously! I confessed to the garage sale girls on Saturday :) Anyway, I love your story(ies). You two are so cute. ahhhh. So sorry I missed tonight, I was working :(
i'm so glad he liked the sand, it sounds like you were the perfect person to have it. :) happy anniversary!
Post a Comment