Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Home Tweet Home
Have I mentioned the new arrivals making my home their home? Let me introduce you:
That's right, I have swallows. They thought one of our columns on our front porch would be the perfect spot for their home this year, and I've been less than thrilled. These guests are filthy- they don't clean up after themselves and leave their poop everywhere. They swoop if they're not happy with me when I exit my front door. They bring around their voodoo ways- there is horse hair everywhere. One friend teased that I just need to add a few skulls to complete the horse hair look- didn't you know voodoo-chic is the new thing? In the past few days I noticed the latest addition- babies. There are constantly 3 heads peeking over the nest, proud father sitting on the porch railing in between swooping, and the mom definitely making her presence known. I'm not sure how long it takes before the little ones leave the nest, but trust me, it's not soon enough. As soon as the babies are gone, that nest is coming down. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to go de-poop my porch again. Dirty birdies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I don't think the blogging world can really get the whole effect without a picture of your 'voodoo masterpiece.' It really is quite unique :)
How fun! Although we had pigeons in Vegas when we lived there and it was so not fun -- so dirty and yukky. Hopefully these are not that way!
So cute! We have pigeons = NOT cute (and so icky!!!).
Not cool! Although baby birdies are adorable, the poop thing just ruins it.
Christina! I missed you tonight! I am so sad you are injured! Nurse it well so that you can join us soon! And cancel your Friday plans and hang out with us!
Those nasty little critters...the bird poop is not a fun clean-up!
Oh, I hear you. I have the same problem on my sideporch. Aren't you amazed at how little the nest is for their babies?? Seriously, the 3 little heads are always sticking up because there is no where else for them to go. Oh, and don't bother calling Animal Control about the nuissance...they will only laugh and tell you to put a plastic snake up there to "scare them away." Which does NOT work and oly adds to the tackiness of the bird poo, horse hair, etc.
Post a Comment